1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost Music - Lost Ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cmcgaughan, Aug 9, 2010.

1. cmcgaughan

cmcgaughan New Member

I downloaded music for a Ringtone. It appeared in my "Music" app and I selected it as my ringtone - but it disappears overnight. This has happened on my phone and my husbands. What am I doing wrong?

Okay found the music in my "downloads" folder but still don't know why the ringtone keeps going back to the default. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. New to Droid - previous phone was a Moto Q9
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. michelle4439

michelle4439 New Member

I am new to smart phones so I don't know a whole lot about them. I had a droid 1 for about 2 months and downloaded any ringtone app that I wanted from the market with no problems. I got the droid x about 2 weeks ago and downloaded those same apps and my phone kept doing the same thing yours is doing. My phone would either rename the ringtones or delete them all together and go back to default. I asked for help on here and noone replied so I don't know what was going on either. I uninstalled all my ringtone apps and I found the red mabilo app by reading reviews on the blue mabilo app on the market. I downloaded it and I have had no problems with them renaming or deleting.
  3. cmcgaughan

cmcgaughan New Member

Lost Music - Ringtone

Thank you for the reply - I'm a little concerned about permitting downloads from "Unknown Sources" and the disclaimer as to damage to the phone if I do so - any other thoughts? Any other ideas?
Search tags for this page
andriod update lost ringtones
android 4.3 upgrade lost my ringtone
androind lost ringtones
download lost music for ringtone
droid phone loses ringtone
i lost my ringtones when i updated my android
lost my droid ringtones
rename ringtones android
troubleshoot droid x verizon looses ringtones

why does my droid phone loses it ringtone

why when i download music on my phone i lose my ringtones