1 day old droid 2 will not play my music anymore

bigb9646

Reaction score
i got this phone yesterday by the way i love it well everything worked i downloaded double twist music program to put my music on my phone so put the music on there then try it out everything work this morning well i need some ring tones i downloaded the vzw ringtone app on my phone from the market place ran the app and downloaded a tone set as a defualt ringtone it didnt work just ringed like a normal tone so i went on Free ringtones - download ringtones from MyTinyPhone.com to get ringtones downloaded a tone again never worked so i went to play my music i got a pop up that says "sorry this player doesnt support this file" so what is wrong with my phone from this morning to now that my music dont play? please help!!!!!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Could you clean that up a bit? I think I know what happened but without a bit more structure I'm unsure of all the details.

1, have you tried rebooting your phone? 2, are you trying to play a file you played yesterday? 3, did you CHANGE your default ringtone in settings before going to sites to download things you don't know if you can trust and giving away your cell number to a possible spammer?

OP
B

bigb9646

Reaction score
sorry with the run on sentence lol i didnt reboot it and i played a random song still never worked what d i do to reboot it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest you make your own ringtones. Use Ringdroid. You will be able to tell immediately if the file is playable.

What kind of files are these anyways? AAC, MP3?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
they came from itunes mostly so mp3?

Probably AAC then. Do you know if they are DRM free? I don't think it's even possible to download the music if it has DRM. That's iTunes anti copy stuff they put on their music.