Lost Gmail push notification

ckaelin

Reaction score
Somehow the settings got changed and I no longer get a green light or any notification in the pull down about gmail. I can't seem to figure out what or where the push settings are. Any help appreciated!

hangglide

Reaction score
Somehow the settings got changed and I no longer get a green light or any notification in the pull down about gmail. I can't seem to figure out what or where the push settings are. Any help appreciated!

Me too. Work email works fine but g-mail does not notify anymore. I have to manually press the refresh button in the g-mail app. (droid x)

On a side note, why doesn't g-mail show up in the universal inbox? I know there is a work around but why should you have to workaround?

knt7814

Reaction score
That makes three of us...

I have the Droid Pro- and gmail isn't automatically updating. I need to press refresh-

Why?

wilderside

Reaction score
I had this same problem because I had unchecked "Auto-retrieve" in the stock messaging app. Make sure that's not the problem, once I rechecked it my gmail has worked great.

Hope that helps you guys.:icon_ peace:

l1tilr

Reaction score
not sure why it would have gotten un-checked but mine was also. however, email is blanked out, because I'm using gmail i would suppose

l1tilr

Reaction score
now I recall, it was un-checked because I am using Handcent SMS and didn't want duplicate sms notifications.

I have checked everything I can think to - No google syncing of gmail or calendar items unless I manually refresh. there was no syncs after midnight that I can tell.