1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost Gmail push notification

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by ckaelin, Nov 18, 2010.

1. ckaelin

ckaelin New Member

Somehow the settings got changed and I no longer get a green light or any notification in the pull down about gmail. I can't seem to figure out what or where the push settings are. Any help appreciated!
  2. hangglide

hangglide New Member

Me too. Work email works fine but g-mail does not notify anymore. I have to manually press the refresh button in the g-mail app. (droid x)

On a side note, why doesn't g-mail show up in the universal inbox? I know there is a work around but why should you have to workaround?
  3. knt7814

knt7814 New Member

That makes three of us...

I have the Droid Pro- and gmail isn't automatically updating. I need to press refresh-

Why?
  4. wilderside

wilderside New Member

I had this same problem because I had unchecked "Auto-retrieve" in the stock messaging app. Make sure that's not the problem, once I rechecked it my gmail has worked great.

Hope that helps you guys.:icon_ peace:
  5. l1tilr

l1tilr New Member

not sure why it would have gotten un-checked but mine was also. however, email is blanked out, because I'm using gmail i would suppose
  6. l1tilr

l1tilr New Member

now I recall, it was un-checked because I am using Handcent SMS and didn't want duplicate sms notifications.

I have checked everything I can think to - No google syncing of gmail or calendar items unless I manually refresh. there was no syncs after midnight that I can tell.
Search tags for this page

gmail android notification lost button

handsccent sms push notifications

i no longer get gmail notifications on s4

lost my notification for gmail on my s4