Gmail Sync Not Pushing

blackbird2150

Reaction score
So, to start, I love my new droid X. I like just about everything about it, except there are a few quirks and I can't tell if thats just how the phone is, or if its because i'm missing something:

1. Gmail doesn't get pushed, I have to load the app and refresh. This seems odd to me as when I had an original Droid gmail would get pushed nearly instantly to my phone. Thoughts? hopefully i'm just missing a setting.

2. My 3g connection just dies on me sometimes. it's happened to me 2 or 3 times. I can make calls/text but anything requiring data (browser or gmail refresh) just sits there, sometimes i get a "no network connection" kind of error. The simple way for me to fix this is to put in airplane mode, and then back and it fixes it. Thoughts?

I've also had to pop the battery once yesterday, I think i was pushing it, trying to do like 5-10 things at once, but I can't confirm or replicate the issue.

Digidy

Reaction score
So, to start, I love my new droid X. I like just about everything about it, except there are a few quirks and I can't tell if thats just how the phone is, or if its because i'm missing something:

1. Gmail doesn't get pushed, I have to load the app and refresh. This seems odd to me as when I had an original Droid gmail would get pushed nearly instantly to my phone. Thoughts? hopefully i'm just missing a setting.

2. My 3g connection just dies on me sometimes. it's happened to me 2 or 3 times. I can make calls/text but anything requiring data (browser or gmail refresh) just sits there, sometimes i get a "no network connection" kind of error. The simple way for me to fix this is to put in airplane mode, and then back and it fixes it. Thoughts?

I've also had to pop the battery once yesterday, I think i was pushing it, trying to do like 5-10 things at once, but I can't confirm or replicate the issue.

I am having the same issues with Gmail, it worked during the day when i first got it but after a few hours later into the evening Gmail push just stopped working and i have to manually refresh to see new emails. Very annoying!!!

karmajay

Reaction score
Were you guys cleaning out the moto apps in the application settings? There is a background data program that has to run to do the synching.

OP
B

blackbird2150

Reaction score
Do you know what the processs is? Bcs i was thinking the same thing. I use th task killer software so it makes sense.

EDIT: So the processes was not the issue. and I still don't know what it was. My Droid actually had a crackly speaker so they replaced it and now push works. So unfortunately, while that answer makes sense, it didn't fix it for me.

Last edited:

bobthefrog

Reaction score
I figured out how to fix it. go to Settings>Applications>Running services>Mail? (I don't really remember what it was called, and now that i've fixed it, it's no longer there) but anyway it will say "touch to manage". touch it and you will see the option to "auto-sync". for some reason mine was unchecked. i checked it and everything works fine now

wlfpckgrl1

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I was having the same problem and feel a little silly that I did not see this option earlier! Or maybe you already tried this. But on my phone, this was unchecked. I dont know yet though if it actually fixes the issue......we will see.

Home--->Settings--->Data Manager--->Data Delivery--->Email and Corporate Sync--->Email Delivery--->Make sure "Data Push" is checked.

Hope this helps :)

intodeep

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I was having the same problem and feel a little silly that I did not see this option earlier! Or maybe you already tried this. But on my phone, this was unchecked. I dont know yet though if it actually fixes the issue......we will see.

Home--->Settings--->Data Manager--->Data Delivery--->Email and Corporate Sync--->Email Delivery--->Make sure "Data Push" is checked.

Hope this helps :)
hmmmm i get to the Data Delivery page but "Email and corporate Sync" are dull. I can't click on it. when i try it does nothing.

that seems odd.

tam5070

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as intodeep. Get to the data delivery screen and email and corporate sync is grayed out. No gmail pushing through, have to manually refresh.

tam5070

Reaction score
I think I fixed mine. I had my battery on smart mode and I think it turns off a setting. If you click the gmail icon, then the left most hard key to open the menu thing, click accounts, then hit the hard button again and click account settings, make sure the two boxes are checked.

j_acm

Reaction score
Not clearing after reading emails

I have Droid X, 2.2, Rooted, with LauncherPro. For some reason, after they are read is still indicates i have the emails. I have to log onto my computer and mark them as read, then refresh for them to clear on my phone.

Any ideas?

bignickdigga

Reaction score
I did everything mentioned and email and corporate is still greyed out. Please help, my email is a huge part of my job and it is a big pain to have this problem.

767pilot

Reaction score
I think I fixed mine. I had my battery on smart mode and I think it turns off a setting. If you click the gmail icon, then the left most hard key to open the menu thing, click accounts, then hit the hard button again and click account settings, make sure the two boxes are checked.
I know it's been a while, but what two boxes? I have a few boxes there

767pilot

Reaction score
I figured out how to fix it. go to Settings>Applications>Running services>Mail? (I don't really remember what it was called, and now that i've fixed it, it's no longer there) but anyway it will say "touch to manage". touch it and you will see the option to "auto-sync". for some reason mine was unchecked. i checked it and everything works fine now
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

the closest that I saw in there was a running service called messages. Anyway, touching anything only gave you the option to stop the app from running:mad: