Lost cell/data connection... permanently?

btb103

Reaction score
Last night I didn't secure my Droid securely in its dock for charging and when I woke up the battery was dead. No big deal, this happens every now and then. I go to boot it up and the phone reports "No service" and the service bars are all greyed out with the "x" above it. I tried rebooting multiple times, toggling the data on/off, toggling airplane mode on/off, etc all to no avail.

I decided to try flashing a new ROM in hopes that the problem might go away - I was running MIUI 1-6-3. So I just finished flashing CM7 (Winner Build #96) and it turns out the issue persists, so I'm a little bit at a loss for what to do now.

As an aside, I've been having lots of problems with my phone lately anyway. The back button doesn't work anymore and the very left edge of the screen doesn't work, for example I can't press the A key on soft keyboards where this key is all the way to the left. I've been putting up with it because I'm due for an upgrade soon and I'm planning to get the GSII or Bionic when they're released. But now if my radio is permanently borked I may have to get an in-between phone in the meantime, which would suck.

Can anyone help?

wildbill86

Reaction score
Did you try dialing *228 to reprogram?

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
B

btb103

Reaction score
Yes I did, I get the error "Mobile network not available" :(

rbb1

Reaction score
Lost Data Connection

Had same problem with Data loss due to turning off data when battery low to save power. Tried everything to restablish Data. The only thing that worked was taking the battery out for over 8 minutes. I believe it makes the phone die down and reset. Droid Charge.