Losing internet connection after 4.0.4

Durania

Reaction score
Got the update the other day. Seems my phone is losing connection to google servers/internet in general more and more. Never was a problem on the old version. I been having to put into and out of airplane mode to fix this. Anyone else?

mb68

Reaction score
Hey I was on phone with tech support with Verizon.They r having engineering look into mine .claimed to have it fixed in 24-48hrs

Nick D

Reaction score
I lost Internet connection today around 2pm, I still don't have it. I've rebooted the phone, put the in & out of airplane mode & even removed the sim card. I still don't have a network connection. Right now I am on wifi. I've never had a problem this bad. It is very frustrating. My wife who has a TB is having no problems at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Mine did that too. I went to settings + wireless networks + more+ mobile networks + then checked the mobile network box.

How that got unchecked I do not know, but so far only happened 1 time about 3 days ago, and took me awhile to figure this out.

Nick D

Reaction score
Mine did that too. I went to settings + wireless networks + more+ mobile networks + then checked the mobile network box.

How that got unchecked I do not know, but so far only happened 1 time about 3 days ago, and took me awhile to figure this out.

Wolfman, thanks! You're a life saver. I was getting ready to do a factory reset. That is what happened to mine also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jdt283

Reaction score
yeah i put it into airplane mode as well and thank you wolfman! it fixed it!

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
This actually isn't the problem the OP or others here are having. We lose all signal at random times.

sacstyl

Reaction score
In network mode change to CDMA. It worked for me. LTE still needs a little work.

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
In network mode change to CDMA. It worked for me. LTE still needs a little work.
I did that but I shouldn't have to for my phone to work. This is pissing me off and I don't know how many times I can go back to the Verizon store before you see me on the news for breaking necks of those poor Verizon workers. J/k but still pissed even though its not there fault.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Always, as a last resort, perform a factory reset if problems persist. This can often clear things up. You can also go into your Verizon store, politely and nicely ask for them to replace your 4G SIM card. Quit beating up those sales reps! Something like over 50% of phones returned and exchanged have no trouble phone. I am sure they hear 'my phone reboots. Oh, how many times? 2 times.... I need a phone that works! I want a new phone.' And it's just an anomaly that happens to all these devices, Android and iPhone.

manolo

Reaction score
Hi.
Do you guys think that this problem with the radio of losing connection is something that samsung/google can fix with a future update? Or is something more like a hardware problem?