Loose battery

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
bigddyz said:
Can't you gust have them try a different battery its warranted also and can be replaced at the store

I took it into the Verizon store today and they put another battery in it and it was still lose. Which I knew it would be because I put my wife's S3 battery in it and it did the same thing. The store said that they would replace but they do not carry the 32 gig S3

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
TOMMYBOT said:
Yeah check your wires battery in your phone and yours in hers. Then if its just the battery demand a new one to then send back your old one. I find I can keep calling back till they ask their manager and give me the right answed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am going to call back one more time if they say the same thing then I will just pay it and get it over with. Its not a big deal I just think it is weird that they are charging for the phone

bigddyz

Reaction score
Are they just billing your account or making you pay out your pocket? Just wondering?

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
bigddyz said:
Are they just billing your account or making you pay out your pocket? Just wondering?

They said that I could put it on my account but I just used my debit card and called it done. They also said that I would have to pay full price but they only took 286.00 out of my account. If that's all they would charge me for the phone then I would not mind to just keep the phone. But in all reality I am just paying my next bill ahead of time

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I got the new S3 today. Now my question is do I keep the old one or send it back? I asked Verizon how much it would cost me if I just keep the S3. And they told me that I already payed for both of them so it does not matter if I send it back or not. The new S3 cost me 283$ should I send it back and get my money back your just keep it as a back up or even give it to my daughter who really wants one

mkstn

Reaction score
For that price it might be good to keep as a back up phone. I kept my Charge as a back up just in case the S3 craps out on me.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I already have a nexus and a razor maxx for back ups but I would rather have the S3. I will probably just keep it and add it to my collection of phones and just hope that my wife does not tell me to sell them. For some reason or other I can not bring myself to selling the nexus or razor maxx

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
I got the new S3 today. Now my question is do I keep the old one or send it back? I asked Verizon how much it would cost me if I just keep the S3. And they told me that I already payed for both of them so it does not matter if I send it back or not. The new S3 cost me 283$ should I send it back and get my money back your just keep it as a back up or even give it to my daughter who really wants one

Or u could sell it and make some extra cash lol. Id be mad to if mine had a loose battery, back n the day when we had RC cars they had loose batteries all the time, some cardboard always did the trick lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
Or u could sell it and make some extra cash lol. Id be mad to if mine had a loose battery, back n the day when we had RC cars they had loose batteries all the time, some cardboard always did the trick lol.

The guy at the Verizon store told me to just put a piece of cardboard in it. I laughed at him and then I asked to talk to someone else. He got mad at me and walked away from me and I did not get helped for around 20 mins.

zacedward

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
I want one lol

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
The guy at the Verizon store told me to just put a piece of cardboard in it. I laughed at him and then I asked to talk to someone else. He got mad at me and walked away from me and I did not get helped for around 20 mins.

Lmao that's hillarious

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already have a nexus and a razor maxx for back ups but I would rather have the S3. I will probably just keep it and add it to my collection of phones and just hope that my wife does not tell me to sell them. For some reason or other I can not bring myself to selling the nexus or razor maxx
So now you are thinking of keeping a defective S3 as your backup, makes no sense.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
So now you are thinking of keeping a defective S3 as your backup, makes no sense.

Is a person not allowed to have toys to play with. I also have 2 droid charges a thunderbolt and a bionic. In two weeks from now as long as the person still needs money I will have a one x that I will never get activated I just want it to play with. I never root my phone that I am using as my main phone I do that with my phones that I have laying around. And yes the S3 is defective. But it still works the battery just comes lose a couple times a day. If I gave it to my daughter it would be fine she does not use her phone that much if I decide to keep it and add it to my collection then it will get rooted and what ever else I decide to do with it. Hopefully this helps make my earlier comment make a little more sense to you. Some people like to collect sport memorabilia I collect phones and tablets.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Sorry I almost forgot even with the S3 having a battery issues I still think it is a lot better phone than the nexus and the razor maxx. But that is just my opinion