Loose battery

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by jgmecarter, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

Ever since I got my phone I have noticed that it would power down a couple of time a day. I always thought that the power button was getting hit in pocket. But tonight my phone was sitting next to me on my couch I picked it up and seen that it was powered off again. So I took off the back cover and noticed that the battery was not all the down. After checking it out the battery does not fit as snug as the droid charge, nexus, Rezound or Bionic. Has anyone noticed anything like this with their S3?
  2. kparks

kparks Active Member

I've not had this problem my battery seems pretty snug no reboots that I've noticed.. I and I've tossed it around quite a bit
  3. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

My wife has a S3 as well but she is at work I will check her in the morning and see it is like mine. But I do know that her phone has never powered off
  4. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Mine has been fine. No power-offs or reboots unless I initiated it. I have heard here and there a few people talking about some random reboots, so I wonder if some of the batteries are not tight and that is the issue. Regardless, that should not be happening and I would get to Verizon ASAP and ask for a new phone. You're still within your 14 days so that shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.
  5. mkstn

mkstn New Member

Your battery should fit Tight. Take the phone in to Verizon.
  6. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I checked my wife's S3 this morning and her battery is more snug than mine that's messed up. I can not take it to Verizon because they only carry the 16 gig and I have the 32 gig. And if I call Verizon they will send me refurbished devise. This sucks
  7. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I just got off the phone with Verizon they told me that they would replace my phone with a new one but I would have to pay full retail for it and once they got the defective device they would refund my money. But I first have to take it to a Verizon store to confirm that this is really happening. I will do this but it is crap that I have to put up my money for a devise that I have already paid for. And that I have to drive 30 miles to get to the nearest Verizon store all because they sent me a defective device. What would Verizon do to a customer that did not have the extra money in their bank account. The reason she gave me for all of this crap is that the S3 is a iconic device and they are having trouble keeping up with demand.
  8. Mule65

Mule65 Member

This is BS -- I would return it.
  9. kparks

kparks Active Member

Not sure who u talked to but this is wrong.. It should be no money up front at all.. Mine is still having that no landscape problem.. now when ever I hit the home button the plastic make this annoying squeaky noise
  10. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I called 611 and talked to customer service and they transferred me to tech support which they put me on hold so that they could talk to her supervisor and when she came back that is what they said they would have to do. Is there another way I can do this?
  11. kparks

kparks Active Member

They should send u the new phone then u send the old one back.. They review the unit and make sure it is not broke or abused then that's it nothing gets charged.. But if they receive it and it's broke or something then they charge ur account so take pics or a quick video of the serial number and the phone in perfect condition before u send it back
  12. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

When I sent my bionic and my nexus back that is what they did. But for some reason or other this is what they told me. I will wait and call back tomorrow
  13. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I called Verizon today and they told me the same thing I have to pay for the phone and then the will credit my bill when they receive.
  14. bigddyz

bigddyz New Member

Can't you gust have them try a different battery its warranted also and can be replaced at the store
  15. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

Yeah check your wires battery in your phone and yours in hers. Then if its just the battery demand a new one to then send back your old one. I find I can keep calling back till they ask their manager and give me the right answed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  16. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I took it into the Verizon store today and they put another battery in it and it was still lose. Which I knew it would be because I put my wife's S3 battery in it and it did the same thing. The store said that they would replace but they do not carry the 32 gig S3
  17. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I am going to call back one more time if they say the same thing then I will just pay it and get it over with. Its not a big deal I just think it is weird that they are charging for the phone
  18. bigddyz

bigddyz New Member

Are they just billing your account or making you pay out your pocket? Just wondering?
  19. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

They said that I could put it on my account but I just used my debit card and called it done. They also said that I would have to pay full price but they only took 286.00 out of my account. If that's all they would charge me for the phone then I would not mind to just keep the phone. But in all reality I am just paying my next bill ahead of time
  20. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I got the new S3 today. Now my question is do I keep the old one or send it back? I asked Verizon how much it would cost me if I just keep the S3. And they told me that I already payed for both of them so it does not matter if I send it back or not. The new S3 cost me 283$ should I send it back and get my money back your just keep it as a back up or even give it to my daughter who really wants one
Search tags for this page
droid 3 loose battery

galaxy s3 loose battery

galaxy s3 loose power button makes a squeaking sound
galaxy s3 squeak
how to fix a loose battery on a samsung galaxy s3
how to repair loose battery on samsung
loose battery cover samsung
s3 loose battery
samsung battery loose
samsung galaxy s3 back cover loose

samsung galaxy s3 battery loose