looks like froyo for droid might take longer then expected

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this chart was made for just 2.1 updating time guidelines....I think the news site misinterpreted it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not surprising at all....

I figured this may be the case. Don't be surprised if the current Droid never see's it this year (except via root/ROMS )

Last edited:

rican408

Reaction score
Not surprising at all....

I figured this may be the case. Don't be surprised if the current Droid never see's it this year (except via root/ROMS )

There is a person like u every thread who's so pessimistic.... ever since the crackberry forums who gets proven wrong everytime just chill we will see froyo and its not gonna be that long :)

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Don't want to feed the pessimism but... When I got my Droid in November and got on this site, there were allready threads stating 2.1 should have been out a long time ago... And it took till April for Verizon to get it to us. If we are just hearing about 2.2 now, and 2.1 has only been released (for the Droid) a month ago.. I don't see 2.2 coming any time soon either....

ei8htohms

Reaction score
perhaps my memory is a bit faulty...

Don't want to feed the pessimism but... When I got my Droid in November and got on this site, there were allready threads stating 2.1 should have been out a long time ago... And it took till April for Verizon to get it to us. If we are just hearing about 2.2 now, and 2.1 has only been released (for the Droid) a month ago.. I don't see 2.2 coming any time soon either....

But how were people complaining about Android 2.1 being delayed for Droid last November if 2.1 didn't come out on ANY devices until January? Maybe your memory is faulty or everyone (myself included) just wants everything yesterday?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of this web site. How is it credible? It doesn't give any sources.

I don't believe a word it says.

rican408

Reaction score
Only reason I said that is cuz he said never see it this year. I suspect "soon" means a month or 2...

vmann32

Reaction score
Maybe they are fixing the BT voice dial so I don't crash and die,right Verizon?Must protect all the little wallets on your network.ok got lost there but I think all these new phones can hurt this release right?I mean all these new models new bugs/hardware problems.They got our $.If they slow development you will get a new one, complaining but you will break lol.j/k.Like the 360.Everyone mods them and every year around Nov they ban them all.Then remark at how good their sales were around xmas.Truth is they drag their feet on fixing these issues (thank you)cause all the pirates buy new ones and mod them.Vicious circle.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
there are no facts within that snippet to corroborate their assumptions. IMO

dwagner88

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what there is in froyo that I really need. I'm happy with my current launcher, I already have wifi tether, and with a slight overclock, I'm happy with the performance. If somebody can figure out how to get the new market on the droid, that would be great.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
This is just speculation, motorola wouldn't leave over 2 million droid users in the dust. We will most likely get 2.2 after the nexus one does