looks like froyo for droid might take longer then expected

nyijedi

Reaction score
The Droid is obviously getting 2.2 EVENTUALLY. The question is how long it will take.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not really too worried about OTAs, I know my phone will have 2.2 soon because of custom ROMS.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
i'm not really too worried about OTAs, I know my phone will have 2.2 soon because of custom ROMS.

Seriously. The hell with official releases, I just want them to release the source tree already! :icon_evil:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Seriously. The hell with official releases, I just want them to release the source tree already! :icon_evil:

haha yeah, i'd rather have the uncrippled custom rom version then anything that verizon signs off on. And i have full confidence that I'll have it way before verizon signs off on it.

victorythagr8

Reaction score

haha yeah, i'd rather have the uncrippled custom rom version then anything that verizon signs off on. And i have full confidence that I'll have it way before verizon signs off on it.
i won't trust that source at all especially when Google themselves said the first two device that will come out with Froyo would be both the Droid and Nexus one and there is already leaked photo with a droid being tested with 2.2.

Also Motorola has no choice about not updating the droid since Google has a serious partnership with the Motorola with the Droid. The other device will not see 2.1 before the droid see 2.2 especially since its been mention the droid will have 2.2 by google themselves since its Motorola flagship phone and its by far the Motorola's biggest hit and that the droid is by far the top selling android devices. And I doubt the future motorola phone will have 2.2 and people must have forgot that Gingerbread is coming out this fall.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

i won't trust that source at all especially when Google themselves said the first two device that will come out with Froyo would be both the Droid and Nexus one and there is already leaked photo with a droid being tested with 2.2.

nah he meant the source for Froyo, meaning the source code.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

QFT

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cj1896

Reaction score

+1 on this. The 2.1 release was an epic disappointment. I just want the source tree released as well. I'm not too concerned that it will be released by the independent devs well before verizon gets done testing it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah as far as whether or not the Droid will receive an OTA or not, I have to assume it will. With the ridiculous amount of people that own the phone, it would make zero sense for Verizon/Motorola/Google to just ignore those people and not push an OTA for them. That being said, I'll still have my Froyo long before any OTA haha

dwagner88

Reaction score
I'm guessing custom roms will have 2.2 in june and the official ota will be in september

September??Really? I think the latest we will get the official 2.2 update will be in mid to late july.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment there. Just asssume it will be Christmas, then be pleasantly surprised if it comes in September.