Looking for Email app

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by H2oSprayer, Jan 17, 2010.

1. H2oSprayer

H2oSprayer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As I am becoming frustrated with the stock Motorola Droid email program waking me up at night with a duplicate email notification, I am looking for recommendations for an email app. I am looking for one that won't send me duplicate notifications and one that I can control when it looks for new mail, say, from 6am to 10pm. I did read where someone recommended K-9 email, but I cant find it in the app store. Any other recommendations?

2. tarheel23

tarheel23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got K9 from the App store. Go to the droid marketplace and do a search for K9.

It will bring it up for you and allow you to download it.

3. mpenda

mpenda Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are also apps that will shut your data connection on a schedule, and that will stop any email app from notifying you when you don't want it.

Toggle Settings (works very well), Locale, FoxyRing

4. micp1480

micp1480 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried everything under the sun to get K9 to work on my Droid, and I get 50% to work. I use optimum for my email, and I can send mail, but can't receive it. I have set all my parameters to the recommended number for the servers and I keep running into a dead end.

MICP1480

5. jcrain712

jcrain712 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea k-9 would never work for me so i uninstalled it. Anyother apps for my yahoo account?