Looking for Battery Drain

wormwood

Reaction score
Hello

I'm a graduate student looking for apps, system settings, or pretty much anything that can repeatably drain a battery an android system's battery. That's right! I'm not trying to fix a battery problem, but create them.

I've been looking around the forums quite a bit now so I'm know all the basic/generic problems (GPS settings, resetting battery statistics, reflashing, etc), but if you know of any repeatable and unique situations or applications please share it with me. Help get me the info to create the tools that will save everybody some battery life.

MOST IMPORTANT: please provide exact versions (ROM, kernel, application, etc) and as much system info as possible.

Thanks,
N

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Hello

I'm a graduate student looking for apps, system settings, or pretty much anything that can repeatably drain a battery an android system's battery. That's right! I'm not trying to fix a battery problem, but create them.

I've been looking around the forums quite a bit now so I'm know all the basic/generic problems (GPS settings, resetting battery statistics, reflashing, etc), but if you know of any repeatable and unique situations or applications please share it with me. Help get me the info to create the tools that will save everybody some battery life.

MOST IMPORTANT: please provide exact versions (ROM, kernel, application, etc) and as much system info as possible.

Thanks,
N

News and Weather Widget which usually comes in any 2.3 ROM. WeatherBug Elite, Minimalistic Text, Wireless Tether For Root Users, Record some video, PhoneMyPC. That's about all I can think of now but there are no shortage of apps that will kill your battery quickly. Running some high end games will also help, like Guitar Hero, Backbreaker Football, Crazy Snowboard, Dungeon Defenders, Guns-n-Glory, Zenonia. That's about all I got, hope these help out! Good luck on your studies!

OP
W

wormwood

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'll look into those, but it sounds like some of them (News, Wireless tethering, and some of the high end games) are power hungry by nature. They either sync frequently or have high CPU or radio utilization. Do any of those apps drain battery unexpectedly? Perhaps one time they're run they use a lot and the next time they don't?