Seeking Repeatable Battery Drain

wormwood

Reaction score
Hello

I'm a graduate student looking for apps, system settings, or pretty much anything that can repeatably drain a battery an android system's battery. I've been looking around the forums quite a bit so I'm aware of the basic stuff (GPS settings, resetting battery statistics, etc), but if you know of any repeatable and unique situations or applications please share it with me.

MOST IMPORTANT: please provide exact versions (ROM, kernel, application, etc) and as much system info as possible.

Help get me the info to create the tools that will save everybody some battery life!!

Thanks,
N
:icon_ banana:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. U can get as much info u want if u search the site as there are MANY threads regarding battery issues. There are multiple things u can do to save. If ur not into rooting, try something like juice defender. I've used this app before root and I continue to use it after root If ur gonna root, u can look into another app called droidoverclock from jrummy. This will help u to over clock for faster processor and underclock with ULV to save battery life. I strongly suggest u search the forum, as u can get step by step how to work new ROMs.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Last edited:
OP
W

wormwood

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. U can get as much info u want if u search the site as there are MANY threads regarding battery issues. There are multiple things u can do to save. If ur not into rooting, try something like juice defender. I've used this app before root and I continue to root after. If ur gonna root, u can look into another app called droidoverclock from jrummy. This will help u to over clock for faster processor and underclock with ULV to save battery life. I strongly suggest u search the forum, as u can get step by step how to work new ROMs.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA
Thanks, but I'm not looking to find software to save battery life. As I stated in the first post I've already searched the forums extensively and found numerous battery complaints and suggestions to extend battery life. Unfortunately most posts don't fully report software versions or system configurations making it difficult to reproduce the symptoms and ultimately resolve.

What I'm looking for are specific applications (including version number), system configurations (also including any ROM or kernel info), or anything else that can consume unexpected amounts of battery repeatedly.

Regards,
wormwood

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I tell I what. check out XDA Developers and they will get u the info u need. not everything is in this forum. u can also check Droid-Life forum as well.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
W

wormwood

Reaction score
May I ask why you're wanting to do this?
I'm working with fellow graduate students to develop better system tools for automatically finding and fixing problems that cause unwanted battery drain. The first thing we need to do is collect a characteristic study of the problems themselves. The only ones that do us any good are the ones we can predictably reproduce.

I tell I what. check out XDA Developers and they will get u the info u need. not everything is in this forum. u can also check Droid-Life forum as well.
Will do thanks.