Looking for advice

bc13

Reaction score
Is the dinc2 still a good phone to get? I am due for an update in a couple of days and I really like htc but I don't want to spend rezound money. Just worried it is a little outdated to do a new 2 year contract on. Not having 4g is not a big issue and i dont need the latest and greatest. Just want a good phone that works and is halfway fast on the web. Also I am a little worried about the signal strength. Did the latest update fix this issue?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I have the original dinc and my brother has the 2nd, I love mine and seems like his is even better. Heard no complaints from him.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

mikifiki

Reaction score
It's a great phone and signal strength has improved. The volume on the other hand is low. I had to get bose headphones to use at gym because all others were too low.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just got mine 2 weeks ago to replace my Droid. I consider it a big upgrade over the Droid - no lack of memory problems, much faster, boots fast and perfect size IMO. I consider it a phone that I will be happy with for the next 20 months. However, I don't play games, download and watch movies or have any intention of rooting. If you do those things then you might want a LTE and/or dual core phone. I have no need for either.

nikecar

Reaction score
I easily play games, view movies and stream audio without the need for LTE or a dual core machine. I use wifi when at home and work, and even viewing netflix isn't unbearable. At first it may buffer a bit, then its good to go.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I have the same experience as everyone else. I could easily see myself keeping this phone past my next upgrade in 18 months because it has been virtually flawless. The best part is that the phone is free on wirefly.com so long as your upgrade is due.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
B

bc13

Reaction score
It is also free at bestbuy.com. I was thinking of getting it through them. Anyone have any good experience with them?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It is also free at bestbuy.com. I was thinking of getting it through them. Anyone have any good experience with them?

I got my Inc2 at BB 2 weeks ago and my wife got her Ally at BB about 18 months ago. They were great at activating the phones both times and transferring our upgrades and we would buy from them again. Both phones were free with a 2 year contract extension. I rate them the same as the Verizon store as far as service and they didn't try to sell me a bunch of things either time. In that respect they were better than Verizon. Perhaps it is just my store, but I doubt it.

PatG

Reaction score
I currently have the Original Droid, and it is getting long in the tooth. Sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds for the icons to come back. The headset jack is almost not working anymore. As a lot of other people, I don't watch movies or play games. I do download a lot of podcasts, but they don't take a long time with 3g. My OG was rock solid using 3g. I never lost it. I constantly use my phone with Google Navigation. I would consider rooting the phone if there is a lot of bloatware on it.

I do have a concern in buying an "old" phone. That of course may be perception. I am also considering the Razr, but I do not live in a 4g area (at least per the website). I also carry my phone in my pocket; and the Razr seems a little too large. For those of you that have gotten the Incredible through Best Buy, do they give you the 30 days of trying the phone and returning it for a different one?