Phone to upgrade to from Rezound

mom22boys

Reaction score
I have a Rezound that I love. However, hubby is due for an upgrade and I am thinking about using it. It there a good phone out there that beats the Rezound this is not over $100? I am not one that has to have the latest and greatest. Thanks for your opinion.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Depending on your carrier, you may be able to find the Galaxy S3 for around 100 bucks. Assuming the S4 is released in the next few months, I'd expect a price drop soon for the S3.

OP
M

mom22boys

Reaction score
Thanks. I should have mentioned I am with Verizon. Is the Samsung reliable? I have only had HTC in the past.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Thanks. I should have mentioned I am with Verizon. Is the Samsung reliable? I have only had HTC in the past.

I've had the Original Droid, Droid X2, and now the Razr Maxx (all by Moto). My next phone will either be the Galaxy S3 or S4. I've played with the S3 and thought it was far superior to my Razr Maxx.

I think HTC is less reliable than Moto or Sammy. My gf had the Thunderbolt and that phone was horrible IMO. Not sure about HTC's newer phones. Just my $0.02

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only complaints about Samsung that I've heard of are that they're too "plastic-y", have bad radios (though they have greatly improved), and TouchWiz. I've had my Galaxy Nexus since day 1 and it has held up well and has never let me down. I get a good strong signal, it doesn't feel "plastic-y", and it's still one of the best displays around in my humble opinion. The S3 is one of the best selling phones around the world for a reason and I expect the same, if not better, from the S4.

I had the s3 for about a week and I admit that it blew away my Nexus in almost every aspect, but the Nexus is just the perfect device for me. Screen isn't too big which means the overall dimensions were smaller (though the s3 felt thinner). The Nexus felt like it has a bit more weight to it than the s3 and feels more solid to me. And dev support for the Nexus isn't comparable imo, and as a flash-o-holic, that's what you like to see.

I've had the Original Droid, Droid X2, and now the Razr Maxx (all by Moto). My next phone will either be the Galaxy S3 or S4. I've played with the S3 and thought it was far superior to my Razr Maxx.

I think HTC is less reliable than Moto or Sammy. My gf had the Thunderbolt and that phone was horrible IMO. Not sure about HTC's newer phones. Just my $0.02
HTC has come a long way since the TB. You have to remember, the TB was the first 4g device released for Verizon and there were many bugs to be worked out. The difference between a TB and a Rezound are night and day. HTC has improved since then, but poor battery life still plagues their lineup from what I've heard.

OP
M

mom22boys

Reaction score
Guess I will need to check out the Samsung. How is the battery life? I have the extended battery on my Rszound.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Looking at the specs... the Rezound has 6 hours of talktime compared to 22 hours with the S3. Max Standby time is 261 compared to 830 hours with the S3. I would assume that the S3 has relatively good battery life compared to current phones on the market. I can go 1-2 days on my Razr maxx and I'm a heavy user.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I have the Rezound, got the Razr Maxx after, I'm not sure if the original Maxx is still available but I would suggest checking it out if it is. The only complaint I had with the Maxx compared to the Rezound was the camera, its not quite as good.

OP
M

mom22boys

Reaction score
Thanks. I assume the battery is much better on the Maxx?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks. I assume the battery is much better on the Maxx?
Unfortunately, poor battery life tends to run in the HTC lineup. The Maxx I believe gets the best battery life, so there really no is comparison too it.

Samsung's battery life is fairly good. I know the Note II gets some pretty amazing battery life.