Looking for a WMV player -

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Converting is fine if you do it on your PC but what if someone sends you a WMV clip in an e-mail? You're hosed.

It's a minor issue but since WMV is by far the most popular format for e-mail video clips you would think some one would make an app for that.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yxflash is the app I use. You have to save the file and then open it with the yxflash app, you can't just play it from whatever email though.. fortunately the droid does multitasking

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yxflash is the app I use. You have to save the file and then open it with the yxflash app, you can't just play it from whatever email though.. fortunately the droid does multitasking

Thanks for the heads-up. I installed it just a minute ago. It said something about a paid version, but only the free version showed up for me. do you know anything about that?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a try, but what about when the WMV comes in with an email and you're only given the option to "Preview" and nothing to save attachment?

OP
D

Donmcdougall

Reaction score
Thanks for the help - The write up in XY says it does not work. I am going to give it a try ans see though.