1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DVDs that come with a "Digital Copy".

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by ronimous, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ronimous

ronimous New Member

I bought Inglorious Basterds on Blu Ray in part, because it comes with a digital copy. I thought "great! I can put that on my Droid." The disc allows you to copy it to your computer as either a wmv or as an Itunes movie. I tried to convert from wmv to mv4 with Handbrake, but the program crashes at the same point in the conversion process every time. Is this a DRM issue?

Anyone successfully put a "digital copy" on their droid?
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

it's a DRM issue. both the WMV file and the iTunes file need to be "activated"
    There are some "recorder" programs out there that can sort of dub the video to another format (remember VHS dubbing with 2 decks?) but you will lose quality.
    WMRecorder is one of the dubbing apps, but there are more.
    Usually its easier to rip the bluray (visit Doom9.net - The Definitive DVD Backup Resource for details) or to rent and rip the DVD instead.

If you want it completely easy, look in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2168-what-movies-your-droid.html for a droid-optimized version of inglorious basterds :)

edit, for bluray info look in the forums of doom9
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
Search tags for this page
can i download digital copy for ipad and droid
can i put digital copy of dvd on my android
digital copy
digital copy to droid x2
does every disney video come with digital copy
how do i put a digital copy on my android phone
how do i put digital copies on ky phone
how do i put the digital copy in to my droid
how to download a digital copy dvd on verizon