Looking for a good expense app...

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I've been looking for a good expense app. Started a new business, which I want to track expenses/mileage/etc for. This is what I'd like in an expense app:

-ability to track mileage via GPS
-ability to manually input expenses
-ability to shoot photo of receipt and store for tax purposes
-ability to run annual/monthly reports

That's about all I need. I've been using Expensify for a while but can't seem to fall in love with it. Mainly, it seems to not handle the receipts all that well. Sure, it lets you take a photo of them but there doesn't seem to be a way to input the price of the dinner/gift/etc at the time you do the photo so you have to create an actual expense in a different area. Kinda cumbersome.

I don't mind paying for an app which works well. Just looking for a good expense app.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you have a Bionic, most Droid Apps work on any Droid phone. There are some exceptions.

But to answer your question, my first thought was that you would need several apps. Turned out I was wrong. I did a google on Expense Apps for Droid and there are tons of them available. Someone might come along with a recomendation but if I were you I'd check out the same search I made on Google and you can see if you can find something that does everything you want.

For some of it like a picture of the receipt you have a camera so I don't know if you'll find that in one of the many I saw but check it out. Make sure you read the reviews and if you find something do a search on it in here and see if anybody has talked about it.

Sorry to make it complicated.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you have a Bionic, most Droid Apps work on any Droid phone. There are some exceptions.

But to answer your question, my first thought was that you would need several apps. Turned out I was wrong. I did a google on Expense Apps for Droid and there are tons of them available. Someone might come along with a recomendation but if I were you I'd check out the same search I made on Google and you can see if you can find something that does everything you want.

For some of it like a picture of the receipt you have a camera so I don't know if you'll find that in one of the many I saw but check it out. Make sure you read the reviews and if you find something do a search on it in here and see if anybody has talked about it.

Sorry to make it complicated.

Not complicated.

I know Android apps should run on all Android phones. However, I've seen reviews of certain apps not running well on certain phones. That's why I mentioned the phone I have.

I've done the same search and came back with the same (numerous) results. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to test a ton of different apps. That's how I found Expensify but just doesn't seem to quite do everything as smoothly as I think it should.

But thanks for the reply!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This Forum has a lot of members and you posted in the correct area so maybe someone else will have an answer for you. My gut is saying you may have to use at least two but I really can't say that for certain.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
This Forum has a lot of members and you posted in the correct area so maybe someone else will have an answer for you. My gut is saying you may have to use at least two but I really can't say that for certain.
I've been coming to that conclusion, which is why I posted the question here. I really don't want to use more than one but, if there is no other choice, I'll bite the bullet and do it.

mfendley

Reaction score
I will subscribe to this thread, since I am in the process of starting a new business also. I will be using Quick Books for the financial requirements of the business, does anyone know if there is an Android tie in to Quick Books?

mfendley

Reaction score
I should have added more to my previous response. I know that there is a QuickBooks mobile app, but that looks like an extension for the Quick Books Online version. I am looking more for something to interface with the Quick Books Windows version.