Need help finding a good calendar app

sapphireblue

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, so please be gentle!
I'm looking for a good calendar app for my Droid X. I'm coming from a blackberry curve. These are my main requirements: the ability to invite others (which the stock calendar has, but I've found jorte does not) and the ability to skip to (go to) a date (which the stock calendar does not seem to have). There's got to be a calendar out there that has these features and is also easy to use that people love, right???
Thanks!

OP
S

sapphireblue

Reaction score
Okay, replying to my own post - I found a calendar on the boards that was recommended (Calendar Pad), which I like better than the stock calendar, but doesn't seem to have a "go to date" function that allows you to enter the date you want to go to (i.e. today is August 28, but I want to enter in an appt for October 10 - on BBY, you can "go to" October 10.) I can't find this function in any Droid calendars. Does this function just not exist in any calendar? Help, please!!!! :)

OZFive

Reaction score
I recommend Jorte, it really is something you might look into.

chart

OP
S

sapphireblue

Reaction score
I recommend Jorte, it really is something you might look into.

chart

Thanks! I did try Jorte, but I found that I was unable to "invite" people to my events and could not go to specific dates. Are these functions of Jorte that I was just not finding or utilizing properly?

wernst

Reaction score
You realize that all the calender apps use the same base calender data, right? That is, you can use the stock calendar app, Jorte, and Calender Pad and they all show the same entries for any given day?

I point this out because you can mix and match calender applications. Use Jorte for your day to day stuff, then just fire up Calender Pad for other uses.

Finally, I've found that most of these software authors are receptive to suggestions. Why not email the developers of these programs and ask them to add the features that you want?

-Warr

OP
S

sapphireblue

Reaction score
You realize that all the calender apps use the same base calender data, right? That is, you can use the stock calendar app, Jorte, and Calender Pad and they all show the same entries for any given day?

I point this out because you can mix and match calender applications. Use Jorte for your day to day stuff, then just fire up Calender Pad for other uses.

Finally, I've found that most of these software authors are receptive to suggestions. Why not email the developers of these programs and ask them to add the features that you want?

-Warr

Thanks so much for the tips! I actually am using two calendar apps now for the features I want (calendar pad and gemini). I hadn't thought about emailing the developers before, but I just did email them - maybe they'll listen dancedroid
Again, thanks for the help!