Look what I just picked up at Verizon

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
That case looks great. I had the body glove case for my Dare and my dad had the Body Glove for his Curve 8330. They are very sturdy and offer both the durability of a hard case and the softness/antislip of a softer silicone case.

It's going to be a touch decision for me between this one and the one posted by ecko on HoFo. Let me see if I can find the pics of that one.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the other one I'm interested in. The only issue I have is that I KNOW the Body Glove cases are really nice. Not sure who makes this one.

2irlt34.jpg

nzn1uq.jpg

28a1e0g.jpg

(Last pic just shows it inside its holster)

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the other one I'm interested in. The only issue I have is that I KNOW the Body Glove cases are really nice. Not sure who makes this one.

2irlt34.jpg

nzn1uq.jpg

28a1e0g.jpg

(Last pic just shows it inside its holster)

I am pretty sure that case is the second one that Verizon had when I bought the Body Glove yesterday. I hadn't read any reviews on that one so I went with the Body Glove. I didn't notice if that one is lined with anything on the inside, but I really love the suede that the Body Glove is lined with. It would also be nice to know which one is easier to snap on and off since a lot of us will want to use a case as well as the two docking stations (which will not work with a case on the phone).

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Niiiiiiiice! I'm going to wait to get a case as long as I can but I think I'm going to need it seeing as the Droid is supposedly big enough to be awkward in your pocket but not really so much bulky... I'm probably going to keep to put it on my belt at work. I'll see how it feels in my pocket. Definitely need the dock and a screen protector though!

I wish the dock had speakers built in. :(

Mike7380s

Reaction score
Early Accessories?

I am glad you got your accessories early..... I am surprised because we are not even allowed to show anyone the DROID handsets in a Verizon retail store ubtil the launch date..Yes I am an employee and we were threatened with termination for showing the handsets early...

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am glad you got your accessories early..... I am surprised because we are not even allowed to show anyone the DROID handsets in a Verizon retail store ubtil the launch date..Yes I am an employee and we were threatened with termination for showing the handsets early...

This was an actual Verizon store and not one of the retail stores. Not sure if that made a difference or not. When I spoke to a rep at one of the retail stores in my area, they said the same thing you just said basically. At the Verizon store that I bought these at, them apparently did not get the same warning. Either way, I'm happy that I got my hands on them early because it sounds like they may be in short supply.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just read that the case I posted pics of is being recalled. Apparently it pops off really easy and therefore completely defeats its purpose. lol So yeah, go with the body glove...

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just read that the case I posted pics of is being recalled. Apparently it pops off really easy and therefore completely defeats its purpose. lol So yeah, go with the body glove...

Thanks for the heads up! I'm really glad I didn't take a chance on that one last night now.

techguru

Reaction score
The other issue with the case, is it interferes with the keyboard. Presses keys when you open or close the keyboard, and gets in the way of the top row when you try to type. Even without the recall, mine is going back.

Too bad, because I like a hard holster, and it doesn't work without the case.

Alan

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The other issue with the case, is it interferes with the keyboard. Presses keys when you open or close the keyboard, and gets in the way of the top row when you try to type. Even without the recall, mine is going back.

Too bad, because I like a hard holster, and it doesn't work without the case.

Alan

Give the Body Glove a try.

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
so everytime you dock the phone, you have to take it off the case, right??

Unfortunately, yes. Now that I have my phone and the Body Glove case on it, I am realizing how annoying it is going to be to take it on and off each night and everytime I want to use the navigation feature in the car. I just can't let myself go without a case because I don't want to scratch this thing up and I like the extra protection in case it is dropped, so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Superman

Reaction score
I checked out that case at a Verizon store last week (on their demo unit) and there's NO WAY I would buy it.

Now that I have my DROID, I don't think I'll need a case or any protectors. This thing is a freaking TANK. It's basically it's own protective case.

Poley

Reaction score
That body glove is a pain in the butt to remove. I bought the docking station but not sure how much i'm going to use it now. should have gotten the plastic case or the leather belt clip.