Longest battery duration so far...

Linus_

Reaction score
*sigh*

I've been calibrating my battery at the minimum of once a month, I have done FDR to try to get battery improvement, as it is my average battery right now is 15h 3 minutes per BadAssBatteryMonitor and I've never a single day over 18 hours. I just don't get it!

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
S/he is right you know! And is not the only one who has wondered whether you ever sleep or not, especially with all that you have on your plate. Wonderful news about your wife. She is lucky to have you! God bless you and your family and to a speedy recovery for your dad-in-law. Wow, that is allot all at once. Rock-a-bye-and-good-night, all the angels are watching...

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Thanks to you as well. Yeah, things are heading toward normal - the new normal if you will. I am getting more sleep but still not the 8+/- that I should. I was falling asleep at my desk at work last night (around 9:00pm).

It's so enriching to see all the members who actually care and are not afraid to express their concern in this open forum. You are all the best of the best. :hail:

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've been calibrating my battery at the minimum of once a month, I have done FDR to try to get battery improvement, as it is my average battery right now is 15h 3 minutes per BadAssBatteryMonitor and I've never a single day over 18 hours. I just don't get it!

Don't beat yourself up. As said everyone's individual profile of how they use and benefit from their phone, and how long the battery will last is dependent on countless variables, some within your control (screen brightness, timeout, use, charging patterns, etc.), and some completely outside of your control (closeness of towers and signal strength, efficiency of the cellular network in your region and the accuracy of switching or handoff of calls from tower to tower, concentration of cell sites in your region, terrain, the weather, etc.)

I am on the edge of Philadelphia, a major metropolis and although at the edge of the 4G coverage, it's there solid for me now, and in every direction I travel it's there, so I keep 4G on 24/7. I didn't half a year ago (before the 4G was enhanced to cover my home). You may very well use apps, music, video, web, that goes far and above what I do, you may prefer a brighter screen than I do, again the list goes on and on.

15 hours with only one charge isn't "bad", but you can certainly increase the usable time by charging for shorter periods throughout the day as well. Also, I would back down to perhaps every 2 months for the meter training. It will have negligible effect in decreasing accuracy, but may help extend the battery's lifespan by not saturation charging as often.

Good luck and keep checking in here for more tips on battery care. BTW, I use Battery Monitor Widget, rather than Badass Battery Monitor now, it uses less power and gives far more and better data.

:biggrin:

Last edited: