1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LogMeIn Ignition

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by kdanielson, Feb 25, 2011.

1. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

Has anyone got LogMeIn ignition to work on the Xoom? I have it one my Incredible and it works great, but on the Xoom it simply will not work. If I save my credentials the app will just FC, if I don't save credentials I can start the app, but any computer I try to connect to fails with and error message and the option to send the error info.

This is very frustrating since there is no way to connect to a Cisco VPN so LogMeIn would be the only way I could remotely connect to our network. Without either of these connection options this tablet becomes next to useless as a corporate device...
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Have you contacted logmein?
  3. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

Not yet. I was still trying to determine whether it was simply my device or my configuration or a system wide issue.
  4. steven_garcia4

steven_garcia4 New Member

Have you tried 2x client? That's what I'm using.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
  5. sead0nkey

sead0nkey New Member

I spoke with them today and they have no ETA. It is going to be a complete revamp on 3.0

here is a video of the new app in action
  6. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

The only version I can find is 1.2.164. I search on the Market and cannot find any of the versions at all. Can you give me a pointer?
  7. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

Not Ready yet

I guess this answers it (email back from LogMeIn Support):

Hello Ken,

I apologize that Ignition for Android is not functioning on the Honeycomb OS at this time. Our Development Team is aware of the problems associated with this new OS and are working diligently to resolve them. As soon as Ignition is compatible, we will release an update to the market for your device.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
  8. Rudeman422

Rudeman422 New Member

I just re-downloaded LogMeIn Ignition on my Xoom from the market and IT WORKS! It is version 1.1.96 It doesn't look like their new revamped version, but at least it works.
  9. xier

xier New Member

I also found that 1.196 will work but is a bit buggy and quite SLOW compared to use on Ipad and Droid X. 2.x... did not connect and provided the same error the OP got.

QUESTION - When running this how do you get the XOOM onscreen keyboard to turn off?
  10. southmost

southmost New Member

xoom logmein ignition

I can't even find the logmein ignition app for my xoom in the market place. You do a search and it wont show up. I was able to install it on my droid x but not the tablet, which is the whole reason I bought the doom!
  11. Rudeman422

Rudeman422 New Member

If you have it on your X, you shouldn't have to search for it, it should be in your list of apps in the market. Probably at the bottom, where the uninstalled paid for apps sit.
  12. jayxpx

jayxpx New Member

does anyone have logmein working? if so please link to the .apk for the right version if thats possible. If its a paid app can someone link to the market for the version that works?
  13. jayxpx

jayxpx New Member

I have gotten Wyse Pocketcloud to work if anyone is interested!
  14. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

It looks like the latest release (1.2.171) has fixed the issues I was having with the Xoom. At last! Now I can use it for some work items, even though it means using LogMeIn to get to my home machine, then using the VPN Client on the home machine to get into work.

Now all we need is a working Cisco VPN Client, Hulu access and Netflix and I can get rid of my iPad!!
  15. xier

xier New Member

Nice - thanks for updating the thread! Did it auto upate or did you have to DL it from the app store?
  16. kdanielson

kdanielson New Member

I don't have any of my apps set to Auto Update, so I had to download it, but it did show in the app store that there was an update available.