LogMeIn Ignition Beta Available

BPB

Reaction score
This thread is way too funny! That being said, I've been waiting for LogMeIn for my Droid since, well, since I got my Droid. I'm a long-time Logmein user & can't wait to see how this is implemented. I hope PhoneMyPC improves too and provides some competition to make both apps better!

BPB

Reaction score
What are the benefits of this app? It's 330am and I'm not really thinking hard but the first thing that comes to mind is access to word/excel/pp files/pictures on your pc.

What else makes it awesome?
Have you ever done any tech support? Have you ever had a client call you when you were away from your PC/laptop but had your phone? Lifesaver app here! (Ok maybe not life-saving, but time & efficiency for sure.)

leftbrain99

Reaction score
So I went to logmein.com to get a userid and it looks like I can't add one. There isn't a button to say "create new user". Anyone else having the same problem?

Seriously? Did you try the "Create an account" link at the right, just under the login fields?

candeez

Reaction score
I'm searching the market & can't find the download! Has the maximum # of participants been met?

candeez

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. The beta is closed. Sorry I missed it! I'm looking forward to the full version.

impmonkey

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to access multiple displays. I only see the main display when I login. I know that PCanywhere treats both as a huge display on the remote.

click menu and in there is an option to change the monitor.

DrScrubs

Reaction score
well as soon as there's sound.....who needs an sdcard? you could play your music/movie library or see your pics on your droid from anywhere:D

Gmote does sound, music and pictures over 3g. No video though. :( Droid doesn't do video playback well. Only avi and mpeg4 and a few others.

Sent Using Tapatalk

BPB

Reaction score
I just got an email saying that LogMeIn beta (new version) is available in the marketplace. It had been gone for some time.
I installed it and tried to remote in to some computers but, unfortunately, it seems to force close after a minute or so of being logged in. I even had to pull the battery once.
It's either the new beta or the 2.2 "stock" OS I'm running. Used to work fine with 2.1 and the prior (now expired) beta build.
Anyone have any experience with the newest beta version?

Sent from my Droid

bbohannon

Reaction score
Is it still in the marketplace? It's not showing up for me with 2.2. I think my marketplace may not be showing everything

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this has been said before, but since I started this thread, hopefully that gives it some authenticity. :)

I thought I had the latest logmein .apk backed up, but I didn't, and I wiped everything to do a clean start back to stock after using Froyo. Evidently MyBackupPro doesn't touch the private app folder? Anyway, does ANYbody have the .apk that could hook me up? I utilize that thing a lot and could really use it again, and I don't know when it'll show up in the market again.