locking up

Reaction score
so i got the eris on tueday and i love it, but last night it started locking up. i ws making calls for a cab and about every line was busy so i would quickly end call wait a second and then try again. about the 6th one i couldnt hang up. none of the touch screen buttons wee working and i couldnt even hang up on the regular button so i had to pop the battery. then later that night i was fielding some text messages for the new year and it froze on me again on the lock screen. the touch screen wouldnt work and couldnt even hit the hangup button to make it go black again so popped the battery once again. then it just happened about 5 minutes ago. i got the task killer when it booted up and only a few apps i wanted shut off.
but something was interesting, thursday morning there was a error "htc sensor" and it restarted on its own. should i be worried about it?

teddyballgame

Reaction score
My Eris has issues with locking too. It's a real shame as its less than 60 days old. I think the problem has to do with the latest HTC/verizon update. As it worked flawlessly before the update. Let's hope 2.1 comes soon.

Update.
I took my Eris to Verizon for the locking up, no service and broken HTC utube app, and they found my phone to be in need of replacement. A refurbushed unit is being fed exd to my house in two days. We should not be paying this much for our service to have a phone that is not correct.

Last edited:

zvrider

Reaction score
If you have the app "antivirus free" delete it, it will cause your eris to reboot constantly.