Freezing & Locking UP.....again.

DroidChopper1

Reaction score
This happened a lot after the first update...

Then the second update came that was supposedly supposed to fix the issue with the phone locking coming out of a phone call (and at other times).

It DID stop periodically. However, it's started up again, and is getting locked, requiring a battery pull up to 3 times a day.

Getting on my nerves! Any idea what's up?

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I havnt had 1 lockup yet thankfully. It sounds like you may have a defective phone.

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
This happened a lot after the first update...

Then the second update came that was supposedly supposed to fix the issue with the phone locking coming out of a phone call (and at other times).

It DID stop periodically. However, it's started up again, and is getting locked, requiring a battery pull up to 3 times a day.

Getting on my nerves! Any idea what's up?

My fiance has the same issue and will be taking phone back to Verizon to be fixed , replaced , or upgraded.........phone is only 5 days old. Tech at the store told my fiance that it could be one of her apps causing the problems. I called up manager and *****ed him out and told him I will be in tomorrow to take it to him to resolve this issue. Othewise I will be canceling all 10 of my phone lines

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine was doing that alot too. since i've been cleaning my cache it doesn't anymore.you might try that or like the person above said. it might be an app. :Dgood luck!

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Well........in regards to my post yesterday , today I took my fiances ERIS back to Verizon and they just gave me a brand new one out of the box. Although , after the tech guy did update some software on the phone yesterday my fiance had no issues the whole day. I wasnt going to take a chance with this phone crashing after my 30 days is over , so I just requested that the phone be replaced.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of the time during a lock up, you can still use the mechanical buttons. Hit the power button and hold. When the power off menu comes up use the track ball to highlight power off. Then once it goes down, power it back on. Easier than pulling the battery, especially if you have a case on it.

KinderwoodLabs2

Reaction score
So weird! I never had problem before today. I had to take my phone in for a replacement because I had a defective pixel burn out. After ending a phone call, it froze/locked up for about 5-10 mins. First time that's ever happen to me in about 3 weeks of ownership. If it does it again (so far, so good after the first time), I will be headed back for another replacement- in which case I will have to resync all my contacts again, set up mail again, etc and won't exactly be a happy camper.