1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Locked Bootloader on 4G devices illegal?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by nicelysedated, Dec 28, 2011.

1. nicelysedated

nicelysedated New Member

2. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

So, do all VZW 4G devices use Block C frequencies? HTC does provide bootloader unlockers but it voids your warranty (total BS).
  3. nicelysedated

nicelysedated New Member

They do. VZW does some pretty liberal interpretation of the laws to circumnavigate these rules. I figure if enough peope file complaints maybe, just maybe, something will come of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

I believe HTC states it CAN / MAY void your warranty. As it should for software related support issues. Hardware issues are another matter unless they can prove that a OS or software mod contributed to the hardware failure (i.e. overclocking, over-volting, etc.).

At least they are giving folks a choice. Moto gives you no choice and can still void your warranty for using a ROM, Rooting or flashing an unofficial OTA.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  5. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

Off topic, voiding the warranty for software issues is fine by me, but having the whole warranty nulled by rooting is BS. Most of the problems I may get are easily fixable via SBFing. But if a hardware button breaks, or the screen stops working, or something burns out NOT due to overclocking, say the audio chip or the radio, that should still be applicable.
Search tags for this page

illegal 4g