Lock Screen

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the few that are fine with the way it locks. I constantly pocket called and opened apps up on my other phone due to a terrible lock screen.

fst aslp

Reaction score
I downloaded screenmodewidget and I can't find it. where does it go?

tlq

Reaction score
been using it for couple hours tonight and loving it thus far. Sometimes I just like to quickly check the time or something and this is very convenient.. No extra steps required.

I downloaded screenmodewidget and I can't find it. where does it go?

find empty space on your home screen, and choose widget.

passtheflask

Reaction score
go into the market and search for screenmodewidget. its basically a widget that allows you to control the actions your phone does when it sleeps. heres the functions:

sleep auto:: device will screen off and lock screen
awake stay:: screen will off but screen will not lock (what you want, i believe)
screen stay:: screen never off and screen wont lock

grandkai

Reaction score
It has always worked for me and I am happy with it. Although I have noticed a quirk but not sure if it is related. I set my display timeout to 2 min but seems to get reset to 30 sec every time I need to reset the widget to no lock.

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I know it's me but I can'y get this app to work.
I download it and it doesn't show on my list of apps. I deleted it and downloaded it then did a power off/on and still it does not show. It also does nothing automatically. The lock system works just as it did before downloading.
Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
For those that aren't familiar with widgets - ScreenModeWidget is a WIDGET. That means that it doesn't run like a regular application.

Welcome to the world of Widgets; You'll love them.

Find an empty space on your desktop and press and hold a finger on the desktop until a menu opens. Select Widget. Select ScreenModeWidget.

There are still a couple of things that do need to be fixed in this app. The current version of the app will automatically timeout the screen after about 15 seconds when it is enabled regardless of how long you set the default timeout. I've been talking to the app's developer and he says he's working on correcting that bug.

grandkai

Reaction score
The current version of the app will automatically timeout the screen after about 15 seconds when it is enabled regardless of how long you set the default timeout.

Thank you for that information, I was worried it was my phone. Will look for the next update and hope it corrects this quark.

tablatronix

Reaction score
Auto lock is dumb, it should be able to have an independant lock timer or manual locking when pressing the power button or soft button.

Tying it to sleep should be an option.

And the lock screen sucks, it doesn't show media playing or notifications, blegh.

Audiophobe

Reaction score
For those that aren't familiar with widgets - ScreenModeWidget is a WIDGET. That means that it doesn't run like a regular application.

Welcome to the world of Widgets; You'll love them.

Find an empty space on your desktop and press and hold a finger on the desktop until a menu opens. Select Widget. Select ScreenModeWidget.

There are still a couple of things that do need to be fixed in this app. The current version of the app will automatically timeout the screen after about 15 seconds when it is enabled regardless of how long you set the default timeout. I've been talking to the app's developer and he says he's working on correcting that bug.

Wow.
I never knew that.
So after the screen comes upi I hit OK and is there an adjustment to my personal preferences?
Thanks for that info for a smartphone Newbie!

jismail

Reaction score
I noticed on my phone that if I hit the camera button the phone will wake up now just the same as if I had hit the top power button. (I have also accidentally awoke the screen and dialed without meaning to because of that) Can we disable the camera button from wakeing the phone unless desired?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I noticed on my phone that if I hit the camera button the phone will wake up now just the same as if I had hit the top power button. (I have also accidentally awoke the screen and dialed without meaning to because of that) Can we disable the camera button from wakeing the phone unless desired?

I just tried this and my camera button will not wake up my phone.

jismail

Reaction score

I just tried this and my camera button will not wake up my phone.

Hmmmm, Mine does on both of the settings that disable the slider lock. If I turn off the widget by setting it back to allowing the lock, then the camera button doesnt turn it on, but as soon as I go back to disabling the slide lock, the camera awakes the phone again.... strange....

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Mine does on both of the settings that disable the slider lock. If I turn off the widget by setting it back to allowing the lock, then the camera button doesnt turn it on, but as soon as I go back to disabling the slide lock, the camera awakes the phone again.... strange....

Didn't realize you were using the widget. Haven't tested that. sorry.