Live Wallpaper General Discussion [non-root only]

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I use logcat live wallpaper from market.. it basically a:

tail -f /var/log/messages (in traditional font color, green)

-- it just tails -f the log mesgs of the phone as my background.. not too intensive, yet perfect for me ;... im a unix/IT guy .. suits me perfectly..

Dandroid247

Reaction score
I like the earth rotation, starfield, original n1 neural network, and water ones. Theres one called ionic or something i think that is pretty nice too. What I can't figure out is why they all keep locking up when i go into landscape and then it either fc's or i have to swap to a different one to get it to work again.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah, he has a very "I don't care attitude" when it comes to Droid owners, but it only hurts him. He used to have a disclaimer linked on his app page that basically said, "its a problem with your ROM, have the dev fix it" and left it at that.
Yes exacly......that is going to fly when he's talking about ESE53

Here's what he says: NexusMod DROID Users

NexusMod does not work on Bugless Beast (ESE53). This is a copy/paste ROM and is using an old version of libjni which does not work with this Live Wallpaper.

What this means to you, I can't fix this problem. The problem is with your ROM, not the LWP.

I would suggest running the Droid ROM by Koush which is a 2.1 build with ESE53 drivers, the wallpaper works fine and Koush is a great developer.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Has anyone tried going back to a regular wallpaper? When I did I noticed that the speed of the Droid becomes near perfect. Not that it is awful with LWP or anything, but the speed when no LWP almost makes me want to leave LWP off. Decisions decisions. Anyone else notice this and stuck in this speed versus beauty quandary???

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like magic smoke, I changed the colors to black and grey.. looks like smoke rising from a black abyss.

I have kept going back to that since LWP was available. Mine is set to one of the blues. Pretty cool how you can change it from shade to shade. When I first saw the green I though that was all you got!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I like magic smoke, I changed the colors to black and grey.. looks like smoke rising from a black abyss.

I have kept going back to that since LWP was available. Mine is set to one of the blues. Pretty cool how you can change it from shade to shade. When I first saw the green I though that was all you got!

Yea thats what I thought, they should use a different color in the exampke they show.. lol

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, he has a very "I don't care attitude" when it comes to Droid owners, but it only hurts him. He used to have a disclaimer linked on his app page that basically said, "its a problem with your ROM, have the dev fix it" and left it at that.

NexusMod does not work on Bugless Beast (ESE53). This is a copy/paste ROM and is using an old version of libjni which does not work with this Live Wallpaper.

What this means to you, I can't fix this problem. The problem is with your ROM, not the LWP.

I would suggest running the Droid ROM by Koush which is a 2.1 build with ESE53 drivers, the wallpaper works fine and Koush is a great developer.

Yeah and considering that ESE81 is newer source than ERE27, which the N1 uses, and the fact it works on the OLDER ERE25, he is just making excuses. Its his donations that get hurt from it. So be it.

Maybe he doesn't know how to fix it?

nikkix

Reaction score
this has probably been asked but does anyone know where to get the droid live wallpapers? or even see pictures.i was rooted so i didnt get the update..are they even any different from the ones included with the nexus one?

NVash

Reaction score
Ive been using the GPS one. I find it kinda cool to have my position marked on a map this whole time, especially when I went wandering out in the forest yesterday. Wish it had a compass on it though.

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I think the map LWP is a cool idea, but it has yet to show my location correctly. Anybody else having this problem?

NVash

Reaction score
It comes and goes. One minute it seems to have my location down pat, then the next minute itll say Im in the middle of a forest as Im driving down a highway. But I also found that I had it in Satellite mode often and sometimes when I double tapped on my screen it would zoom in and give a better idea as to where I was. Still alittle off, but I like the concept and so far its managable. Now if only I could figure out how to zoom out without setting up the wallpaper all over again.

GerryG35

Reaction score
I like many of the live wallpapers - but - I love the Neural Network which is described as "a peek inside the Droid's cybernetic brain." It's one of the wallpapers included in 2.1 so you can get an idea of its look from the thumbnail.

goinverted

Reaction score
I downloaded the AndWobble and I can't find the program. If I go to applications and unfilter the search then I can find it, but I can't start it. Any ideas? I do have 2.1, just installed this morning. Thanks!

solar

Reaction score
I downloaded the AndWobble and I can't find the program. If I go to applications and unfilter the search then I can find it, but I can't start it. Any ideas? I do have 2.1, just installed this morning. Thanks!

As far as I know, you will see Andwobble when you go to Wallpapers ---> Live wallpapers--->andwobble

I don't think it shows up unders apps. Most live wallpapers don't.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score

Yeah and considering that ESE81 is newer source than ERE27, which the N1 uses, and the fact it works on the OLDER ERE25, he is just making excuses. Its his donations that get hurt from it. So be it.

Maybe he doesn't know how to fix it?

according to his twitter page he has it fixed already but wants to add some "extra" stuff before he releases it to the market. he better hurry those bad reviews are killin him