1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Live Wallpaper General Discussion [non-root only]

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cereal killer, Mar 31, 2010.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I've been running the Starfield 3D Live one from the Market and I have to say it's pretty cool.

I have left it as is and have not configured it and have YET to have a FC. Runs VERY smooth and looks GREAT.

I'm sure now that 2.1 is Official we will see a lot more LWP's in the Market.

I'm just curious what others are running or have downloaded and how it performs and/or performed.

I did try Shake Them All!! and while a great concept it kept FC'ing when I went to configure it. Needless to say I had to uninstall.

I'd like to keep this an informative thread rather than a "LWP's are no good"

"I hate them" "Useless" etc etc..

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing peoples set up's.

Here is Starfield if anyone is interested.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-kalicinscy-wallpaper-starfield-pEzD.aspx
  2. shugknight

shugknight New Member

I like Starfield alot. I showed it to a few friends and then went into Warp Speed.. they got a kick out of that.
  3. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

Thanks for the tip "Starfield" is great! :icon_ banana:

I juiced the star count from 300 -> 9999 I tried it w/ the static background, but like it w/o because it gives more of a 3D effect.

Would love to hear more
  4. illmatic

illmatic New Member

i like starfield as well but i seem to favor the neural network and water. but is there a way to get the nexus live wallpaper ( the nexus one version of neural network)
  5. legalkill

legalkill Member

Using the spining earth one, Earthrot. I use Home++ so for now I have a regular background for home screens and the live wallpaper just shows up in the mediadock clock (nexus port) and the lock screen.

I actually like it that way for now. I don't get the intereactivity on the media dock or lock screen but see the motion just fine.

So far the spinning earth one is fine, i think it crapped out trying to load the realtime clouds, so I use static.

I also tried the firework. That is nice. I just keep switching back and forth trying different ones. its addictive.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. Ridley

Ridley New Member

What is a live wallpaper?

that's the sort of information I need.
  7. Meto

Meto Member

Earthrot is by far the best... Love having the Deathstar spinning in my background...

Yeah, I'm a Star Wars nut...
  8. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Yea I thought the spinning deathstar was awesome too.

I like the digital rain wallpapers though I would like to see an improved one.
  9. Pointzero3k

Pointzero3k New Member

I am using the Substrate Live Wallpapers. In that wallpaper pack I am using the Sand.Traveler. It is not as fast paced as the default ones. It is very subtle and I like it.
  10. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

"Live Waterpaper" is my favorite. Better than the stock water/leaves lwp imo.
  11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

It is sort of like having a moving gif for your background, only better. Some respond to your touches. e.g. You can make Google Maps your background and it will show your location on the map. You can then add live traffic, zoom in, zoom out, etc. To use Live Wallpapers long-press on the screen and choose Wallpapers and then Live Wallpapers. There are some built into 2.1 and others you can download from the market.
  12. Cnote187

Cnote187 New Member

Where can I get Earthrot?
  13. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

i guess im not allowed here, but i like the starfield one to. also the map one is nice. oh and this one were its a banner of LED on your screen is cool to.
  14. radsaq

radsaq New Member

I'm also a fan of Starfield. I'm using HelixLauncher and it seems like the most of the standard live wallpapers make scrolling between home screens and launching apps quite laggy. It's barely noticeable with Starfield, though.

(I haven't done extensive testing, but it seems like live wallpapers are actually smoother with the standard Home application.)
  15. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Post some names or links so people (like me) can try them out.:icon_ banana:
  16. NaterGator

NaterGator New Member

I genuinely like Galactic Core. Sort of "galaxy" bit it appears to be a few (2 or 3) superimposed transparent PNGs rotating at different speeds.

IMO it looks more realistic and cool. Sorta reminds me of the "marble galaxy" from the original Men in Black movie.
  17. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

i searched this but came up with nothing. Is "live waterpaper" the exact title?

The water is my favorite live wallpaper.
  18. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

Loving the Live Wallpapers so far but DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THE LAG?

D: It's killing me, haha.
  19. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

I rebooted first then killed any unnecessary apps that were running and that helped some. Also some downloaded LWs like "starfield" are much less demanding which is why starfield is my goto wallpaper.
  20. shugknight

shugknight New Member

Maps was just updated and they know have their own Live Wallpaper.

It's pretty sweet, haven't seen EarthRot yet to compare them, but I'm sure with the constant GPS use, it'll be a battery hog.
Search tags for this page

android grass live wallpaper download

magic smoke live wallpaper
magic smoke wallpapers

nokia live wall paper

old vu meter live wallpapper

windows 95 live wallpaper android