Live Wallpaper General Discussion [non-root only]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've been running the Starfield 3D Live one from the Market and I have to say it's pretty cool.

I have left it as is and have not configured it and have YET to have a FC. Runs VERY smooth and looks GREAT.

I'm sure now that 2.1 is Official we will see a lot more LWP's in the Market.

I'm just curious what others are running or have downloaded and how it performs and/or performed.

I did try Shake Them All!! and while a great concept it kept FC'ing when I went to configure it. Needless to say I had to uninstall.

I'd like to keep this an informative thread rather than a "LWP's are no good"

"I hate them" "Useless" etc etc..

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing peoples set up's.

Here is Starfield if anyone is interested.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-kalicinscy-wallpaper-starfield-pEzD.aspx

shugknight

Reaction score
I like Starfield alot. I showed it to a few friends and then went into Warp Speed.. they got a kick out of that.

k1ng617

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip "Starfield" is great! :icon_ banana:

I juiced the star count from 300 -> 9999 I tried it w/ the static background, but like it w/o because it gives more of a 3D effect.

Would love to hear more

illmatic

Reaction score
i like starfield as well but i seem to favor the neural network and water. but is there a way to get the nexus live wallpaper ( the nexus one version of neural network)

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Using the spining earth one, Earthrot. I use Home++ so for now I have a regular background for home screens and the live wallpaper just shows up in the mediadock clock (nexus port) and the lock screen.

I actually like it that way for now. I don't get the intereactivity on the media dock or lock screen but see the motion just fine.

So far the spinning earth one is fine, i think it crapped out trying to load the realtime clouds, so I use static.

I also tried the firework. That is nice. I just keep switching back and forth trying different ones. its addictive.

Last edited:

Ridley

Reaction score
What is a live wallpaper?

that's the sort of information I need.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Earthrot is by far the best... Love having the Deathstar spinning in my background...

Yeah, I'm a Star Wars nut...

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yea I thought the spinning deathstar was awesome too.

I like the digital rain wallpapers though I would like to see an improved one.

Pointzero3k

Reaction score
I am using the Substrate Live Wallpapers. In that wallpaper pack I am using the Sand.Traveler. It is not as fast paced as the default ones. It is very subtle and I like it.

deputc26

Reaction score
"Live Waterpaper" is my favorite. Better than the stock water/leaves lwp imo.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
What is a live wallpaper?

that's the sort of information I need.

It is sort of like having a moving gif for your background, only better. Some respond to your touches. e.g. You can make Google Maps your background and it will show your location on the map. You can then add live traffic, zoom in, zoom out, etc. To use Live Wallpapers long-press on the screen and choose Wallpapers and then Live Wallpapers. There are some built into 2.1 and others you can download from the market.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i guess im not allowed here, but i like the starfield one to. also the map one is nice. oh and this one were its a banner of LED on your screen is cool to.

radsaq

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of Starfield. I'm using HelixLauncher and it seems like the most of the standard live wallpapers make scrolling between home screens and launching apps quite laggy. It's barely noticeable with Starfield, though.

(I haven't done extensive testing, but it seems like live wallpapers are actually smoother with the standard Home application.)

iPirate

Reaction score
i guess im not allowed here, but i like the starfield one to. also the map one is nice. oh and this one were its a banner of LED on your screen is cool to.
Post some names or links so people (like me) can try them out.:icon_ banana: