Live 365 on Froyo

yourhero88

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else uses Live365 radio on their PC, but with the absence of a dedicated android app, I was excited for Froyo's Flash support so that I could listen to my stations finally on my phone.

However when I load up a station, I don't get any audio, even though the feed seems to be coming through.

I've tried a few different browsers (stock, dolphin, skyfire) but no dice. Anyone have any suggestions?

Live365 Internet Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are other applications that you can listen to music with, like Pandora, Shazam, and others. Why not give one of those a try?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
There has been discussion in the Live365 forums about an official Android app. People have been clamoring for this. However, it's a small company with limited resources, so they've been waiting to see whether android gained market share. The head of their development team has been a longtime Droid owner and shared everyone's frustrations. Now that Android has surpassed WinMo in marketshare (Live365 has an app for WinMo), and now that it's clear that iPod won't be going to Verizon soon, it looks like they're seriously considering moving forward with an Android app. A while back they started a poll to see what android build (1.5, 1.6, 2.01, 2.1) users were on. However don't expect to see an app from them this year.

Until then, there are other apps that stream some Shoutcast and other online radio stations (some Live365 stations are also on Shoutcast and other online stations). Examples of apps include AOR (A Online Radio), Cherry RPlayer (also a product of AOR), and DroidLive (although I think they changed their name to Viia or something like that...Google it).

Additionally, You can listen to Live365 professional stations in the droid's default Music app. Just open the browser and navigate to:
http://www.live365.com/play/[BroadcasterProfileName]
Substitute "[BroadcasterProfileName]" in the URL above with the actual broadcaster's profile name. You can find the broadcaster's profile name at the end of the Broadcaster Profile page. A link to the Broadcaster Profile page can be found at the top of the Station Page for a particular station.

gablans

Reaction score
Droid X

There has been discussion in the Live365 forums about an official Android app. People have been clamoring for this. However, it's a small company with limited resources, so they've been waiting to see whether android gained market share. The head of their development team has been a longtime Droid owner and shared everyone's frustrations. Now that Android has surpassed WinMo in marketshare (Live365 has an app for WinMo), and now that it's clear that iPod won't be going to Verizon soon, it looks like they're seriously considering moving forward with an Android app. A while back they started a poll to see what android build (1.5, 1.6, 2.01, 2.1) users were on. However don't expect to see an app from them this year.

Until then, there are other apps that stream some Shoutcast and other online radio stations (some Live365 stations are also on Shoutcast and other online stations). Examples of apps include AOR (A Online Radio), Cherry RPlayer (also a product of AOR), and DroidLive (although I think they changed their name to Viia or something like that...Google it).

Additionally, You can listen to Live365 professional stations in the droid's default Music app. Just open the browser and navigate to:
http://www.live365.com/play/[BroadcasterProfileName]
Substitute "[BroadcasterProfileName]" in the URL above with the actual broadcaster's profile name. You can find the broadcaster's profile name at the end of the Broadcaster Profile page. A link to the Broadcaster Profile page can be found at the top of the Station Page for a particular station.

I'm using the Motorola Droid X and when entering http://www.live365.com/play/[BroadcasterProfileName] on the browser, the stream never starts. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's any setup I need to change. Does anyone has an idea?

I realized that this post was 1 year old so I figured someone bumped on this issue already.

Thanks.