Little problem with browser & Google

AmandaEK

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first problem was when I opened the browser of my Droid 3 it said "gp is not defined." After searching the forum and heeding advice, I cleared the cache and it stopped saying that. Unfortunately, the search button isn't working on google. My Home site is Google mobile, and I'll type something in, hit the magnifying glass, and... nothing. The other links on the page works: restaurants, coffee, bars... but not the search, ever since that "gp is not defined" started popping up. Any suggestions? Hitting "OK" on the keyboard doesn't work either.

djcbac

Reaction score
I am new at this....but, I have the exact same problem -- did you get it figured out??

OP
A

AmandaEK

Reaction score
Well, yes, but you're not going to like the answer.... it kind of fixed itself. I cleared the cache, restarted it, gave it to my uncle to check it out, and it worked for him. Has worked since then. The GPS got a little funky, but I un-checked all the GPS boxes then re-checked them, and that's back on track too. Phew! Good luck with yours!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If y'all are having problems with the stock browser you might want to consider trying one of the 3rd party browsers in the market. They are free and some of them really seem to work better than the native browser. The two I personally like the best are Dolphin HD and xScope. I've not measured this but I find that both of these load pages faster - again, not a scientific measurement, but "seat-of-the-pants" stuff. YMMV

Good luck.

OP
A

AmandaEK

Reaction score
Thank you! I think I'll try that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

djcbac

Reaction score
Djcbac

I do not know that much about postings, but hopefully I am doing this correctly -- the way my problem got fixed was to update all of the apps that were waiting to be updated and then turning off/on the phone -- it worked -- my son-in-law recommended it.

OP
A

AmandaEK

Reaction score
Hey BayouFlyFisher, thanks for the advice. I downloaded Dolphin and have not had any problems since. Thanks again!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do not know that much about postings, but hopefully I am doing this correctly -- the way my problem got fixed was to update all of the apps that were waiting to be updated and then turning off/on the phone -- it worked -- my son-in-law recommended it.

Glad your issue got worked out. Rebooting these phones tends to fix a lot of issues.