1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Searching Google contacts or GAL from Compose Screen

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by toddmc518, May 7, 2010.

1. toddmc518

toddmc518 New Member

Hello-

How do you search your Google contacts or your GAL when you are in the 'compose' screen of an e-mail? I do not see any magnifying glass next to the TO: or SUBJECT: fields. I realize that when you begin typing an e-mail address, an auto fill drop box appears but I want to search contacts and add several e-mails to the e-mail. I would like to search my GAL from my exchange account and search my default contacts when sending from my Yahoo or Google account

Thoughts?

Thanks,
  2. Droids

Droids New Member

The only way to search the Exchange GAL is to use the Corporate Directory app, and it does not integrate with either exchange mail or gmail. Perhaps the Touchdown app will do this for Exchange, or K9 for gmail, don't know.
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

You can search the GAL through Touchdown. Features should be listed on their site: NitroDesk Inc. - Convergence Redefined. I'll bet that there are other Exchange apps that have the feature as well.
  4. toddmc518

toddmc518 New Member

Thanks for the input. This definitely helps.
Search tags for this page

droid unable to see gal

gal contacts android

gal lookup on android

how to search the gal from android

touchdown global address list shortcut