Help! can't write on market, browser or YouTube app

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Hey guys, I can't write on the android market search bar, stock browser, or the YouTube app, when I tap on the search bar or search icon, the keyboard doesn't pop up, I have a fascinate not rooted

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I can't write on the android market search bar, stock browser, or the YouTube app, when I tap on the search bar or search icon, the keyboard doesn't pop up, I have a fascinate not rooted

did you try a reboot or a 30 second battery pull?

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Yup those were the first things I did, but nothing, its been like this for about 4 days now

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
I dont think so..i dont know how to, plus the keyboard works with sms, opera browser and every other app, except those

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You've never gotten into your phone's settings? Home button> menu button> settings

Starting to sound like an app is to blame. Have you installed any apps recently? Have you cleared the data and cache of the offending apps?

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
The other day i turned the phone off and then when I turned it on I noticed it said safe mode on the bottom left, then I turned it off again and turned it on no save mode on the screen now,I dont know how to turn the phone on safe mode ether

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Yup I switch keyboards ask the time and I've been to settings just never turned the keyboard off, I deleated the last apps I downloaded before this happened but nothing so far

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try disabling ALL the keyboards except the stock one, rebooting, re-enabling all the keyboards you WANT to use and then seeing if they work or if you need to re-enable.

Also, if you're using Swype please check to see if there's an update to the installer.

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Just went to the settings menu and noticed that when I tap the such option in settings it force closes, won't open

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
I deleted all the keyboards I had, just have the stock android and swype keyboard, no update for swype....btw thanks for helping

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Here to and happy to help. :)

Hopefully this straightens things out. Also, if you haven't, get into the applications manager and clear the data and cache for the Market. It's a good idea to do that once in a while. If you have any further problems, let me know.

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Nope didn't work ether, I had read in. another thread that if you go into safe mode you can see which app is causing the problem, ove searched the internet on how to enter safe mode on the fascinate but no answer yet