List Your .181 Problems Here!

__DROID_DOES__

Reaction score
Please post your .181 problems here!

Here's Mine:
After I updated my RAZR Max's to .181 everything was normal, I re-kept my root with Voodoo and everything was good, then a day or two later, It thought I was connected to an HDMI cable and then Video Playback (YouTube Netflix And Camera Video) stopped working, I only got the audio. THEN the Camera stopped showing what I was taking photos of, only a black screen and the photo options but I can see the the picture after I take it in the Gallery

I am rooted, No custom Rom, No deleted Bloat, Only Free Hotspot

Please tell me if this is normal/it's the root/it's an app, THANKS!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am on 181 and have none of those issues, might should have done a factory reset either before or after upgrade. Or even better both.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm not rooted and have no issues with the update. Long pressing on the "return" key while using the Browser was suspose to take you to "Bookmarks" mine takes me to History then I have to press Bookmarks to get there. Its shorter using the menu key.

Last edited:

modma

Reaction score
My RAZR MAXX, like the OP, is rooted with no custom anything except free Hotspot. And the one thing I use my phone for, free Hotspot, has stopped working well. It will connect to my computer and work for a short period of time before not being able to connect to any websites anymore. Any idea on how I can fix or how to go back to older software? Thanks in advance!

robssm

Reaction score
So, about 2 weeks ago my phone updates to .181. Then, the bluetooth starts making this terrible loud beep on call end and I can't stop it. It is about blowing my eardrums out..

So, I go to my settings to disable it, and the menu is gone?!?! Then, about a week later.......

My phone started FCing alot after .181 after I decided to enable live wallpaper?!?! Then, I try to reset it and it ends up in a boot loop...

Now, phone is locked in some sort of time warp, and every app I install, every changed I try to make to the wallpaper, etc gets erased when the phone powers down.

Even after a factory reset it goes ahead and puts everything back to the day the issue occurred. Including the bugs..

I even tried to use razr utility 1.51 to try to root it and upload a new rom out of desperation and it won't work. I tried to rom back to .173 and didn't work.

This is insane. I wouldn't mind so much but the phone FCs so much now it almost unusable, and after about a couple of hours streaming audio the phone hard locks, no response, and requires a reboot.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

I am about to remove the battery and try that. I really don't know what else to do at this point and I don't think trading one more problem for another is the way to go ie take it back to verizon. Plus I get to pay for the priviledge?!? No way..

Debating about going back to my Eris.. At least it was stable, and no blowing my ears out using my bluetooth...

Last edited: