13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
liquid-smooth.png

Version 1.5

Rom Features

• Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
  • Backup/Restore Liquid Control configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations (note this does not apply to any of the settings under the goodies section)
  • Liquid Control,allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of nearly every area of this ROM.
  • Full screen mode(upper left of power menu birdie!)
  • More Incremental Navbar Heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
  • 5 Lockscreen targets w custom / ICS system icon support
  • Customizable Navbarbackground color,button glow speed.
  • Center clockmod/customizable Color
  • Lockscreen / Weather feature
  • Calendar / Lockscreen customization
  • Customizable batteryicons
  • PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
  • Theme Engine support!
  • SQLite Defrag
  • Dynamic (built into ROM) changelog!
  • Uniform ICS theme throughout the rom...
  • And Much much more!
========================================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...

Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.

With that said,

As usual there are thousands of other changes made, take a look at ourcommit history.

Lastly, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.

DOWNLOAD

===========================================

Liquid ICS v1.5 (Motorola Droid 2 Global - Droid2we )

MD5: ad36a1b2817e3f8f04ed123fcb937e0a

===========================================

Installation

• Ensure that you are on a Gingerbread kernel
  • Make sure you are rooted and have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed (or recovery via Rom Manager)
  • Download zip and verify md5sum
  • Boot into ClockworkMod recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset (if coming from test builds you only need to wipe cache)
  • Install zip from sdcard (install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> liquid_shadow-ics-v1.5.zip)
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Thanks

• The entire liquid team for the rom (and the top half of the OP)
  • Bikedude880 for the initial device trees
  • Jonman409 for picking up cm9 and doing sooooo much work to it. Without it ICS roms for this device would not be where they are.
  • Beanstown106 for getting me interested in porting this to begin with
  • Everyone who tested and provided feedback
Notes

• Because of how our hardware acceleration is implemented it requires a whitelist for apps to recieve it. This will be updated to reflect CM9's list per release but if you wish to add to it you can manually by editing the hwui-whitelist.txt in /system/. To find the name to put into the file navigate to /data/app then copy the name minus the -1.apk. The app will recieve hwa after rebooting.
  • Because this is not an official port do not report issue's to the Liquid team, report them in this thread please.
  • I will not be updating this per beta release but instead will update per official release.
  • I have not tested every single aspect of this rom so if you notice a problem please bring it to my attention, preferably accompanied by a logcat
  • Source: http://github.com/liquid-moto

joelthejedi

Reaction score
Gave this a try this morning. Wow! Cleanest and snappiest my phone has ever been - noticeably quicker than the AOKP and CM9...

I noticed that the camera app doesn't work - it just shows the button and there is no pane where the video shows. Also, the directions said that gapps were already included - but when I booted up, it was missing Maps, Nav, Youtube, etc. Is it safe to just install gapps from recovery like with CM9 and AOKP?

Thanks a lot for all of your great work! My phone has been a pleasure to use since I stumbled on your work... I'm most excited about this build! A big thank you for your continued development...

By the way - I'm not super familiar with the Android world - but if there is any specific testing to perform, I'd be glad to help out however I can.

Last edited:

Rayazar

Reaction score
Great Build!

I installed this build yesterday on my D2G, and I'll have to say that I'm enjoying it a lot. ICS on a year+ old phone! Yes please!

While it's great, there are some bugs I've found:

-My hardware 'b' key does not work in this build. I booted to recovery and did a key test to make sure it wasn't broken, and sure enough, it worked then. It's only while I'm using it normally.

-Trying to record an audio clip for a message inside of Messaging caused the app to crash.

-After awhile, the homescreen and app drawer movement become pretty laggy and has a lower framerate that it used to. It's a generally consistent lag, but it's a stark contrast to the smoothness that was had when it was first installed.

I'll try to keep this updated as more bugs arise, these are the only ones I can currently remember clearly.

Thanks for a great build!

djelvinmix

Reaction score
I installed this build yesterday in my D2G too ...

at first I did not let me use the phone with this error "Unfortunately the process was stopped com.android.phone"

I went to shower and leave it for a moment, but on returning I found it working very well ...

The "B" key on my keyboard does not work ...

Everything else works perfectly ... eventually see what else happens.

Thanks for such great work ...

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I really want to try this out and thank you 13th angel for porting this over, your work for the D2G is awesome.

Can anyone confirm if flash is working on this release? I'm guessing not, but it's really the only thing holding me back from making the leap to ICS.

djelvinmix

Reaction score
I really want to try this out and thank you 13th angel for porting this over, your work for the D2G is awesome.

Can anyone confirm if flash is working on this release? I'm guessing not, but it's really the only thing holding me back from making the leap to ICS.

It works perfectly ...

I'll have to change the rom data because the internet does not work, you blink, in and out constantly and do not connect to my internet provider.

But perhaps only about me and ... My phone company is CLEAR DOMINICAN.

All the rest is super!

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
It works perfectly ...

I'll have to change the rom data because the internet does not work, you blink, in and out constantly and do not connect to my internet provider.

But perhaps only about me and ... My phone company is CLEAR DOMINICAN.

All the rest is super!

Cool thanks very much for responding. That is exciting to hear since I use TwitchTV and Youtube a lot... going to flash this ROM over later today then

theSteelPitt

Reaction score
Just flashed my phone.. so far... GRRRREAT! But I do have the same problem as the others with the keyboard "b" button.

dgr8ifier

Reaction score
Same issue with the b key here. Any fix? I also can't pinch to zoom in/out

Edit - nevermind. Pinch works. Just no hard b key

Last edited:

gghostboy

Reaction score
Love ICS on my D2G. Runs pretty clean, battery life is better than stock GB. Very well done. Excited for some updates so keep up the good work, mate!

cpl rampage

Reaction score
I know this is a little bit old but this ROM looked like a good option to get ICS on my D2G. I have it installed and it runs great but there are two issues

- GPS takes forever to get a fix and will loose its fix quite often. on stock GB and CM7 this was not an issue. i thought it might be something related to the hardware acceleration white list mentioned in the OP's post. Adding maps to to the white list did not help the issue.

- YouTube does not work at all. occasionally it would crash on my old set ups but with this it doesn't even open, just immediately says "unfortunately YouTube has stopped working"

Are there any fixes for these issues, or anything I could try to see why they are failing?

Thanks!