lint in earpiece?

Takami826

Reaction score
clean your ears? HAHAHA jk I keep mine in my pocket so my phones get a tad linty, too (another reason to hate the Crackberry Curve trackball... glorified lint collector)

as stated above, air can, just aim your direction so it doesn't push the lint INTO the phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is there a way to get rid of the lint on the earpiece of my droid?

Well, I must say this is a first. Never heard this question before, and I've hung out in smartphone forums for quite a bit. So I looked at mine and yes, it is possible for some lint to get in there.

I think it would be safe to take a q tip and moisten, not soak it and do it that way. i would use rubbing alcohol.

I generally clean my entire phone with eye glass lens cleaning tissues I get from Walmart. 50 for 3.00. you could conceivable get in there with that too.

Edit. Yes, canned air is a great idea. I wouldn't use a vacuum on the phone, that may cause some static problems.

Zodduska

Reaction score
I just tried folding a piece of scotch tape into a chisel shape and it worked pretty well.

sustained

Reaction score
I use the vacuum cleaner set on low. Don't want to suck the little screen out with high suction.

My OCD wanted me to put blue painter's masking tape around the ear hole so the end of the vacuum attachment wouldn't scratch the screen. :)

At first I tried a toothpick but I ended up just pushing the lint into the screen.

I keep mine in my pocket too so I also end up with a lot of lint in it.

s0m3f00l

Reaction score
I used a piece of cloth rolled to a tip dipped in an extremley small amount of rubbing alcohol. I then used the tip of a thumbtack to press the cloth in the areas that I wanted to clean, like the sides and the small mouth piece. It worked very well.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a tester mascara brush (small one) from my wife that works great at brushing out the stuff that gets into the Droid's earpiece, plus a few other devices that have hard to dust areas.

For you single guys, gives you a reason to chat up the ladies at the cosmetics counters in major stores ... :)

Bigocciput

Reaction score
Believe it or not. I just place my lips around it and suck. I also do it for the head phone jack and charger port. Its my phone in my pocket. Sure I have gotten lint in my mouth, but it cleaned most of it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not. I just place my lips around it and suck. I also do it for the head phone jack and charger port. Its my phone in my pocket. Sure I have gotten lint in my mouth, but it cleaned most of it.

Do you spit or swallow?

Honest question mods, come on!

I ignore the lint.

Bigocciput, u really brightened my day with your comment.