life of battery=250 charges. Can this be right?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You need a new title -- "Droid Forums' Most Informative Member"

I'd add your quote under SallyC's but I think I'd exceed the 5 line limit! LOL! :hail:

Thanks!

SallyC

Reaction score
Thing is for you based on your charging routine "twice a day...mid way through", you're likely to get between two and four, to upwards of five to six times that number of charges.

See the chart above and notice the number of charge cycles it projects for 50% cycles versus 100% cycles. You'll notice it's 1500 versus 500, so if 250 is the expected number normally, for you it could be 750 or more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That chart is very informative. I'd been told by a friend who was told by their son (an IT guy at Max Planck) that even partial charges on Li-ion batteries counted as full charges. Intuitively, it just didn't make sense to me and I wondered if they got the message wrong. It also didn't really jibe with me, based on what I was seeing in devices like iPods.

Great find and thanks for pointing it out!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That chart is very informative. I'd been told by a friend who was told by their son (an IT guy at Max Planck) that even partial charges on Li-ion batteries counted as full charges. Intuitively, it just didn't make sense to me and I wondered if they got the message wrong. It also didn't really jibe with me, based on what I was seeing in devices like iPods.

Great find and thanks for pointing it out!

Never argue with a woman's intuition, I always say!

You are spot on. Think of it this way. As battery university points out, batteries are like mechanical devices in that if you use them gently (less than full charge "cycles" each time and not either over charged or over depleted) they will last longer (number of chargings).

cbreze

Reaction score
Regarding the battery, I'm having no issues and enjoy a full day of pretty heavy usage, charging nightly. I generally upgrade annually, so most likely this maxx's battery will last that long and I won't have a problem, but that being said , I was wondering what the procedure would be to change it out if need be. I know there are vids around showing a razr getting a battery lift, but I wouldn't want to take this thing apart so return it to Verizon or Motorola then? At what cost? I asked this question at the store where I got it and the guy(csr) said that's why I should get the insurance, implying that that would be the answer. I've never gotten insurance and not planning on starting now. Never needed it and saved a bundle over the years. YMMV
Furthermore, it seems the new trends are heading to non-removable batteries, so wondering what your thoughts and opinions are regarding the hassle or at least the procedure. A return would cause one to lose the use of their device for who knows how long. Maybe they want us to just buy a new phone each time. That would work for them. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2050834

expected life of Razr battery

Give this link A try. I think I've covered your question there.

Last edited:
OP
Andielyn

Andielyn

Reaction score
I'm a little late in replying back (I'm the OP) but want to send out a BIG THANKS to all the replies, especially Professor FoxKat :happy3: for his spot on information and NO it was not information overload...I love the detail! Really thought the Verizon phone tech was full of crap about the battery life and you make sooo much more sense. What an awesome group. (And, well, you do have RAZRs afterall so you must be smart cookies! :biggrin: )