Battery recharge cycles. Is there a limit?

nomadicnut

Reaction score
I'm wondering how long my non-removable RAZR Maxx battery will last. Seems I read that all batteries have a finite life, especially pertaining to the # of times it can be charged and discharged.

Should we feel comfortable that the battery in this phone will endure the typical 2 year life cycle we have (contract life) with our phones?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
drew96dawg said:
Very interesting. I wonder if Foxkat has read that

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Trust me.....he has :)
In a nutshell: yep, they have a finite # of COMPLETE charge discharge cycles. Yep the battery will last as long as you plan to keep the phone
these batteries prefer short discharge cycles. I keep mine between 30 and 70. If I use it I charge it. Soooo....basically charge throughout the day. One thing, apparently keeping these batteries fully charged decreases the lifespan. So don't charge to 100 often. Once every 3 to 4 months calibrate the meter to the battery by turning the phone off. Charge to 100% while off. Turn the phone on again and use it normally to "low battery " warning (about 10%). Turn the phone off again and recharge to 100% while off again.
All this info comes from the link provided and summarized by FoxKat. Check out the battery sub forum. If you found the battery university link interesting, you'll find the sub forum very interesting :)