Liberty Gingerbread Nightly v0.1/0.2

OP
MindArchr

MindArchr

Reaction score
Is there an official bug reports thread I'm missing for the nightlies?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

i couldnt find one. the one or two threads i thought i found werent official...idk if we could start one, or do we have to wait for an official sticky? the few glitches I encountered included:

(as of nightly v0.2)
-the am/pm missing by the time
-no LED w/o having to use an app
-no haptic feedback on some interactions
-wrong build property

I can live with them all, these arent complaints, just bugs Im pointing out. If I encounter anymore, Ill share until an official thread is up.

btw, forgive me for not using correct punctuation, laziness on my part!

rmcelroy

Reaction score
I have another retarded question to throw in the mix...
I am currently on 2.0.1.

I do not see anywhere to download the GB version of Liberty.
I know I will first have to flash (or SBF, or whatever you want to call it) GB on my phone...

then I guess I just dl the liberty toolbox from the market like usual, and then will the GB ROM just show up when I am on GB?

rmcelroy

Reaction score
also, I see the previous screenshot has a "nightlies" section in the ROM manager... I do not see this section at all...

*edit*

Apparently I did not have the "donate" version of the toolbox installed... (I purchased it, got 2.0.1, and then did not re-install) once I got it back, I checked in there and found what I was looking for... sorry for my ignorance.
:)

Cstryon

Reaction score
The only bugs I've seen is the led light (not a problem at all), some random reboots when streaming pandora, and I can't add new calender events. But hey, I'm pushing near 2000 on quadrant! Everything is just better!

rmcelroy

Reaction score
my main problem is the account close issue, already mentioned in the official thread over at the DX forum. also, in FB, the option to synch with existing contacts is missing, probably related to the account FC issue?

OP
MindArchr

MindArchr

Reaction score
i also forgot to throw in, there is no reboot option in the power down menu. i think this was acknowledged already and would be available by 0.3

OP
MindArchr

MindArchr

Reaction score
also, I see the previous screenshot has a "nightlies" section in the ROM manager... I do not see this section at all...

*edit*

Apparently I did not have the "donate" version of the toolbox installed... (I purchased it, got 2.0.1, and then did not re-install) once I got it back, I checked in there and found what I was looking for... sorry for my ignorance.
:)

dont feel bad, its a good learning experience =)

rmcelroy

Reaction score
after trying this out, I think I have come to the conclusion that I dont really care for GB. it seems slower and more power hungry than froyo. That, combined with the current issues liberty faces on GB (with the account settings, specifically) have swayed my decision to quickly sbf back to froyo.

going to GB did teach me a couple of things that I was lacking with my old setup though. now I think I finally have my phone setup exactly how I want it. (on 2.0.1)

hillmom

Reaction score
Remember that this is NOT the official release of Liberty Gingerbread! It is still in it's infancy. Yes there are bugs, but when you flash a new ROM in the TESTING STAGE you can't expect it to run like butter! Come on... Judging liberty by the nightlys (especially the first few) is like looking at a model car and determining you don't like how it runs. Having run Liberty 2.0.1, the people at Liberty do great work. If you don't like their finished product fine, find some devs that better suit your style/needs. However looking at the unfinished product and judging just on that is silly!

Stepping off my soap box...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rmcelroy

Reaction score
Remember that this is NOT the official release of Liberty Gingerbread! It is still in it's infancy. Yes there are bugs, but when you flash a new ROM in the TESTING STAGE you can't expect it to run like butter! Come on... Judging liberty by the nightlys (especially the first few) is like looking at a model car and determining you don't like how it runs. Having run Liberty 2.0.1, the people at Liberty do great work. If you don't like their finished product fine, find some devs that better suit your style/needs. However looking at the unfinished product and judging just on that is silly!

Stepping off my soap box...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

and I realize all of that... I was simply saying that with the current bugs that are being worked out I am more pleased with 2.0.1 on Froyo. I knew there would be problems on GB, I just wanted to give it a test run. I did. Now I am back on 2.0.1. I am sure I will probably hop back on GB when some of these kinks get worked out to see if I like it any better then.

I still believe that Froyo will probably yield better performace/battery life in general than GB will... hopefully I will be proved wrong and have something newer/fancier to look forward to upgrading to in the near future.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i also forgot to throw in, there is no reboot option in the power down menu. i think this was acknowledged already and would be available by 0.3

I miss that feature too but it's exclusive to the dx regardless if you donated. By the time we get .3 the bionic will be out seems.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cstryon

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can look to see what kind of progress is being made for the d2? Or if it's being worked on at all?

doomrainer

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can look to see what kind of progress is being made for the d2? Or if it's being worked on at all?

I second this motion, I finally got my phone to gingi v0.2 but I want the v 0.3 or more please. willing to dedicate time to test bugs as well.

CalebLoop

Reaction score
Jrummy told me on twitter hes uploading 0.4 for Droid 2 as we speak dancedroid