Liberty and Rom Manager

GandalfTehGray

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they play well with each other? I finally have it set up just like i want it and would like to know if its ok to make the backup :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be ok however I would strongly suggest doing it in cm recovery instead of ROM manager.

tappin and a talkin

OP
G

GandalfTehGray

Reaction score
i start in cm recovery, i like Rom because i can name it instead of just having date

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I haven't heard anything specifically about liberty and Rom manager not playing nice but I still tend to shy away from using it since it wasn't really designed with our phones in mind. But yeah you should be ok to use it.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That I can't fully answer. I'm new school so I don't know how far back it goes but I do know that it wasn't made for the droid x/2 which is why we have to use bootstrap recovery. Imo I would rather trust myself than the app.

tappin and a talkin

mcp770

Reaction score
Cm backup is just as easy then rename the file with any file manager app. With the liberty toolbox and cm recovery rom manager is obsolete. Think I read somewhere jrummy and/or kejar have a rom manager in the works.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya the details on the market page for liberty tool box says that a liberty Rom manager is on its way.

tappin and a talkin

andylulzyou

Reaction score
You can plug your phone in USB mode, go into the clockwork file and rename it yourself very easily also

Growler48

Reaction score
I've never had a single problem with making backups with ROM Manager. I really like it a lot. I restore in CM recovery, though.

hackja4fun

Reaction score
That I can't fully answer. I'm new school so I don't know how far back it goes but I do know that it wasn't made for the droid x/2 which is why we have to use bootstrap recovery. Imo I would rather trust myself than the app.

tappin and a talkin

Boot strap was made to hijack the stock recovery and then rom manager was updated to work with our phones and the D2. It works fine thats why you can flash recovery inside rom manager. You should flash clockwork with rom manager after u do in bootstrap. The reason people do not suggest to use it is because the roms are not kept up to date.

I myself only use it for backups

PhishPhan

Reaction score
ROM manger and Liberty..

I use Rom Manager heavily, for backups and swapping between ROMs.
So far other than my own I.D. 10 T errors I have had 0 issues. .
Initially when I load a ROM I do start from stock and use CM directly, but once its up and running, I BU and restore from ROM manager all the time.