Liberty and exchange server

TriadX1

Reaction score
I know a lot of users on HTC Android phones also seem to have the same issue as HTC seems to use the stock Android client. One of the companies I work with had to get TouchDown for all their employees who were not using Motorola phones because of the same exact issue.

The interesting thing is that this does not seem to be just an issue with a connection to Exchange ActiveSync, because I have the same issue when using a simple IMAP connection to the same server.

I personally think it may be a certificate issue of some type. Maybe it only affects users who have wildcard certificates or who have UCC certificates on their server? (We use UCC certs)

colchiro

Reaction score
We use Exchange 2007 with a SSL cert.

Upgrading from GJ (which had updated security requirements) to Liberty, did not change anything. I removed all my email accts, the security requirements and rebooted. I did not need a PW to unlock my phone.

Then I readded the corp acct and again required a 9 char strong password and an additional swipe after unlocking from WidgetLocker. Do you realize how frustrating it is to enter a password every time you wake your phone?

Apex, Rubix Blurry, DarkSlide, Fission.... none of these require a password.

No Liberty for me.

someotherguy

Reaction score
Any chance of the exchange 2007 issue being looked into. I want to move from ApeX over to Liberty, but can't without exchange 07 working. Are there any other clues to why 07 isn't working? I'm the exchange admin at our organization so if there is a policy that needs adjusted I can do it, I just don't know why certain Roms work and others don't.

colchiro

Reaction score
I am one of the two Exchange 2007 admins in our organization.

rcglider

Reaction score
I had Rubix Focused prior to Liberty and corporate email worked fine.

In Liberty, it prompts, but keeps asking for valid email/pw and won't continue. My only option for now if I wish to keep Liberty, which so far is very good, is to forward work email to my GMail but that will get old quick.

Hopefully there's a fix now that is being overlooked or will be in updates.

colchiro

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any exchange complaints with Gummy, but there sure is a lot now that Liberty came out.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

If you are an admin and want it fixed please send me a PM and we will talk on Gtalk.. I have some idea's but cant try them unless I can repeat the issue. My exchange account that I have access to is working fine..

someotherguy

Reaction score

If you are an admin and want it fixed please send me a PM and we will talk on Gtalk.. I have some idea's but cant try them unless I can repeat the issue. My exchange account that I have access to is working fine..

Bah! I've been sitting here all day not doing too much. But now I'm headed home. If this isn't figured out by Tuesday I should be able to get with you on this.

Is your exchange 2007? Actually I could give you a temporary mailbox to test on 2007 if you want to PM me.

Or are you wanting to change your code and change some Exchange 2007 policies as well?

jvward

Reaction score
Hey,

I had this working on my phone on liberty rom but due to some other issues I sbfed my phone and fully updated and then re flashed liberty rom. After that it no longer works >.<

any update on this?

rcglider

Reaction score
Instead of adding a Corporate account in 'Accounts & sync settings', I added an account using Email in the Applications.

This worked and shows as Corporate acct in 'Accounts & sync settings' now. Happy camper am I.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Instead of adding a Corporate account in 'Accounts & sync settings', I added an account using Email in the Applications.

This worked and shows as Corporate acct in 'Accounts & sync settings' now. Happy camper am I.

This is how I have hallways added exchange accounts and tried three of four now without an issue

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rcglider

Reaction score

This is how I have hallways added exchange accounts and tried three of four now without an issue

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Considering only having adding a Corporate Acct once, that being back in August, figuring it out (and remembering) was quite a feat for old dummies like me (punch card era :) )

I'm impressed by this ROM as far as how absolutely smooth and snappy the phone is. Battery life exceptional.

My only concerns are no speed dial, HDMI and Voice (google search etc.), but I'm sure there will be options to remedy certain things like that.