Liberty and exchange server

OP
C

ctslaton

Reaction score
Well, kind of hard to fix if it does not misbehave for the developer. My exact error message when I have it checked to accept all SSL certificates is:

Setup could not finish
This server requires security features your phone does not support.

Or if I uncheck SSL certificates:
Setup could not finish
Unable to open connection to server due to security error.

Don't know whether this can go any further, but thanks to Kejar, colchiro, and others in the thread for trying.

Edit: Note that I only saw the screens above when I use the UltimateDroid Rom. For Apex and stock, I get an abbreviated warning about disabling certificates and then everything works.

Last edited:

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are having issue with Exchange and did not have issues with your Blur ROM. PM me

I want to test some things with some people.

OP
C

ctslaton

Reaction score
Thanks to kejar31 for working with me to fix the problem. I think he now has a solution. I sent him beer, hope others will also.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Kejar31 indicated to me that adding the exchange account thru the email app was the way to go, however I can't get that to work for me, even after a factory reset. I still have to enter a 9 character strong password to use Exchange 2007.

email_security.jpg
activation.jpg

This is happening because Android 2.2 includes support for Exchange Mobile Device security. This allows Exchange administrators to set security policies on devices that attach to the Exchange server.

If you use a Android 2.1 stock email client, you won't have this difficulty. To get around this issue, there was a hacked version of email.apk that would lie to the Exchange server and tell it that the client (your phone) had the proper security protocols in place.

There was also an app for HTC phones called Lockpicker that would fix their email client so you could bypass the Mobile Device Security Settings.

Here is a thread on XDA that discusses the situation and ways to remedy it:
How To Disable Exchange Security Policy FROYO!! [Archive] - xda-developers

Good Luck,
Mike

colchiro

Reaction score
If you are having issue with Exchange and did not have issues with your Blur ROM. PM me

I want to test some things with some people.

This fixed my Exchange 2007 security issues.

Thanks.

colchiro

Reaction score
Kejar has an updated email app that's installed thru recovery.

someotherguy

Reaction score
Mine worked when I added it through the email app (not the patched one), before I would add it at the very beginning as corporate email.

Even though I'm not having issues at the moment, is there a link to the patched email file? Or are you just going to include it with Liberty 1.1 ?

DroidX3000

Reaction score

senfoo

Reaction score
temp fix?

where can this be obtained?

having same issues...

Same here.. I posted when the rom was first released, and I'm glad others seem to be having the issue. If there is an updated email app please share :)

You guys are awesome.

yes, same here. please.

this has worked for me 'til a "real" solution is posted or rom updated.

Android 2.2 Email.apk - Bypassing Exchange security policy - APK Attached. - xda-developers

colchiro

Reaction score
ditto..... I cannot use the hacked version due to security concerns from IT

... and they don't have a security concern with a custom rom?

PM Kejar to get the updated email. I believe it's different than the hacked version posted, which didn't work for me.

I suspect updated email.apk will be in the next release, 1.5. You just have to be careful when installing a theme, since it might have a styled email.apk, which overrides the updated one. That happened to me last night.