Liberty 1.5 Known Issues

RevNumbers

Reaction score
In settings under wireless & networks, if you click the "Mobile networks" menu at the bottom it cuts the phone radio off for a split second and returns you to the previous menu :(

droidmatic

Reaction score
So my battery life is back to what it was before flashing 1.5, but now I'm back at stock cpu speed on low voltage. I also have the profiles for 300 and 700 when the screen is off instead of 400 and 400 like before. I'm going to try and oc again tmorrow to see if the profile was causing the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
I haven't messed with overclocking yet, but I did also just get beautiful widgets and the animations for them and holy crap that killed my battery and I really am not sure why. I had charged it before leaving work yesterday, was down to 80% when I went to bed, got up this morning to let the dog out after sleeping about 6 hours and it was down to 30%!!! I decided to deactivate and uninstall the animations, charged the phone back up for an hour or two (fell back asleep), and now 6 hours later it's still at 90%. It's mostly just been sitting here on my desk as I've been working on homework, so very minimal usage, but still. :)

joe.bob

Reaction score
Atleast im not the only one

My phone locked up today in the black off screen. Wouldn't come back on, took over five minutes before it would restart. I couldn't battery pull since I was driving and was depending on navigation. This is not the first time I've heard of this problem on Liberty, but it finally happened to me.

It was frustrating enough I almost considered going back to stock when I got home. I can't really convey how frustrating it is when you're depending on gps in unknown territory during rush hour to have your phone fail you. Its just not good.

I'm going to hope it doesn't happen again, but reporting it anyway in hopes there is a fix. I love Liberty far too much to quit on it now.

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

So how many people have experienced this? Is it only when using the navigation? Are you overclocking? Have you installed any themes? have you installed and clock removal or data throttle mods? Please give me these detail when reporting an issue.

I had this issue on 1.0. Random black screens that always forced me to pull the battery, and a few random reboots. Never happened while using navigation (thank goodness) but virtually every other app/aspect of the system seemed to put the phone at risk of having this happen. Not sure why. Had Droid-Xer help me a bit over on dxf but unfortunately I never got the issue resolved. Tried re flashing almost 20 times under different circumstances all producing the same result. Happened when over clocked or not, under volted or not, themed or stock, stock and installed fonts, with and without the data throttle, etc etc. Never did try the no clock hack. Didn't matter what I did, my phone was getting snagged on something. Since switching to 1.5 I have not had this happen a single time. Love it! Currently overclocked at 1.2ghz on stock voltage and running stock liberty theme. I use my phone HEAVILY every day, meaning at least 2-3 hours of phone calls, at least that much time surfin the net, and countless hours reading the forums every day. I also use a lot of data regularly over wifi and 3g and run my gps almost all day for BW. Battery life has been great. Usually comes off the charger around 0730, and today for example I'm still somewhere between 60 and 70% at 1816 (oem ext battery, 1800mah or so). Great rom, love yalls work. Thanks! I'll be sending a donation

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't receive any text messages. GPS doesn't pick up. Those are the issues I am having.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Can't receive any text messages. GPS doesn't pick up. Those are the issues I am having.

GPS and TXTing work just fine, before you installed the ROM did you do a Data / Cache Wipe? If not that could lead to problems... Other than that all I can suggest is flashback to your backup point, or do an SBF Recovery and try it again. I came from DarkSlide rom, and all I did was Wipe Data and it works great I didnt have to do a SBF.

mkw87

Reaction score
In settings under wireless & networks, if you click the "Mobile networks" menu at the bottom it cuts the phone radio off for a split second and returns you to the previous menu :(
I can confirm this. I wiped data/cache to see if that would fix it, it didn't. Fixing permissions also did not. So I reflashed the ROM and now the market keeps FC'ing on me.......even after fixing permissions and clearing app cache/data.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got those fixed...reboot and all was well. Just the gallery issue that pops up at random....sometimes it loads right away other times it won't load.

RevNumbers

Reaction score
I can confirm this. I wiped data/cache to see if that would fix it, it didn't. Fixing permissions also did not. So I reflashed the ROM and now the market keeps FC'ing on me.......even after fixing permissions and clearing app cache/data.

The mobile networks menu issue seems to be related to the Cyan Galaxy theme on mine... I believe someone on another theme posted the same problem though in the main Liberty 1.5 thread (too lazy to search right now, I'll edit this post if I find the post)...
I do know that getting rid of that theme fixed it, and then adding it back broke it again, lol... so I would say logically it seems to be the theme's problem, not the roms

mkw87

Reaction score

The mobile networks menu issue seems to be related to the Cyan Galaxy theme on mine... I believe someone on another theme posted the same problem though in the main Liberty 1.5 thread (too lazy to search right now, I'll edit this post if I find the post)...
I do know that getting rid of that theme fixed it, and then adding it back broke it again, lol... so I would say logically it seems to be the theme's problem, not the roms

Any idea on the market FC? I didn't have the problem for the past couple days until I wiped data/cache trying to fix the mobile nextworks issue.

I have fixed permissions twice now with now luck and reflashed the ROM. It will open and act like it's going to work fine for about 10 seconds then force close. After that it fc's immediately when I open it until I clear the data for the Market app.

knivesout

Reaction score
Can someone confirm the default settings in the mobile networks menu, also if they would need to be changed? Trying to figure out whether or not to flash a different theme.. Running cyan galaxy and can't access the menu.

mkw87

Reaction score
Can someone confirm the default settings in the mobile networks menu, also if they would need to be changed? Trying to figure out whether or not to flash a different theme.. Running cyan galaxy and can't access the menu.
Several people have already confirmed its due to the theme.

knivesout

Reaction score
I know it's due to the theme, I'm just wondering what the default settings in that menu are and if they need changing. Don't want to go to the trouble of flashing a different theme if I don't really need the menu anyway.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Several people have already confirmed its due to the theme.

I am one of them. This is the menu you are talking about. I am running gingerbread blue outta the toolbox
ad328b6d-f710-dcfe.jpg

This is the next menu
ad328b6d-f74d-5f38.jpg

Just so you know it works.

knivesout

Reaction score
Are your screenshots showing the default settings or did you change them?