Liberty 1.5 Known Issues

Isak73

Reaction score
Thanks again for this im loving it I've been lucky with mine so far loving the ui and ease of customization!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Isak73

Reaction score
I've heard of people having problems downloading the fm and galleries and such from toolbox. What I'm getting is you need to delete the liberty file like you did also remove the liberty tool box from the phone then redownload it from the market. Reboot and then the liberty file you will begin using should work as designed let me know.

chaaaad

Reaction score
Just got a random reboot. Received a text via Handcent, popup window woke the phone, I grabbed it about 20 seconds later after the screen timed out. Black screen and wouldn't unlock. It reset itself maybe a minute later.

FYI:
Liberty 1.5
Revolution Remix theme
29qo93l.png

ml1755.png

I've been using these overclock settings for about two weeks without any noticeable problems.

Maniac

Reaction score
Atleast im not the only one

My phone locked up today in the black off screen. Wouldn't come back on, took over five minutes before it would restart. I couldn't battery pull since I was driving and was depending on navigation. This is not the first time I've heard of this problem on Liberty, but it finally happened to me.

It was frustrating enough I almost considered going back to stock when I got home. I can't really convey how frustrating it is when you're depending on gps in unknown territory during rush hour to have your phone fail you. Its just not good.

I'm going to hope it doesn't happen again, but reporting it anyway in hopes there is a fix. I love Liberty far too much to quit on it now.

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3

So how many people have experienced this? Is it only when using the navigation? Are you overclocking? Have you installed any themes? have you installed and clock removal or data throttle mods? Please give me these detail when reporting an issue.

Happened to me on occasion (maybe 3 times a week) after flashing to Liberty 1.0. Usually when I was using multiple applications at the same time. I also noticed that it would get pretty hot when it happened too. Also, It happened frequently when I would push the power button to turn the screen off and on within a few seconds of each other.

Since flashing to Liberty 1.5 yesterday morning I haven't had it happen at all!

Maniac

Reaction score
I'm unable to receive any MMS messages since flashing from 1.0 yesterday morning. I have tried using Handcent and Stock Messaging. Both give me "Currently unable to download. Please try again later." when I click download.

Looks like it has been an issue in the past as well, but I can't seem to find a thread on how to fix it.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: A couple reboots did the trick. Go figure.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Found a new issue. In Gmail menu, the "more" button opens up to items with white text on a white background. I am on UD theme, but my Gmail and Gvoice didn't change over for some reason, so these issues are probably on stock liberty.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

This is a theme issue.. please report it to Mike the creator

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the majority of these are (a) user error or (b) failure to flash properly, which is also user error.

I cleared data/cache, SBF'd, used z4root and Bootstrap, booted into Bootstrap, cleared data/cache (again), and flashed. I haven't had a single problem other than the known charge light issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
man im getting terrible battery life.. liberty 1.0 was great if i didnt use it, it would be at 90% after a few hours.. i barely used the phone and got down to 50% in the same amount of time

Goosey52

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but i'm running linear and the vibrate does not work for some reason. Its either sound or silence.

droidmatic

Reaction score
So I've been having some seriously bad battery life since switching to 1.5. I used to have about 70 percent batt when I got off of a 10 hour shift with hardly any use on 1.0. I wiped and flashed 1.5, and now I have 20% before I even get off a 8 hour shift. The primary user my phone shows is system, other things don't come close. I'm oc'd to 1.1 ghz but have it set to 400 and 400 when my screen is off. Is it just me? Did I do something wrong?

want a droid

Reaction score
So I've been having some seriously bad battery life since switching to 1.5. I used to have about 70 percent batt when I got off of a 10 hour shift with hardly any use on 1.0. I wiped and flashed 1.5, and now I have 20% before I even get off a 8 hour shift. The primary user my phone shows is system, other things don't come close. I'm oc'd to 1.1 ghz but have it set to 400 and 400 when my screen is off. Is it just me? Did I do something wrong?

Don't overclock...

morenoc12

Reaction score
Hum I provided a fix for jrummy to this and am pretty dure he included it.. I will check with him when he is available.

in the mean time download this and install it via recovery manager

http://droid2files.com/Liberty/Liberty-BlurAlarm.zip
yup the blur alarm in the toolbox of 1.0 and now 1.5 dont work.

question: does the blur alarm auto-arrange the alarms by time like the stock alarm does? i feel like pre-root my alarm didnt do that and it really annoyed me lol

Hum..... after reading your last post about the blur alarm not working for 1.0 (which I know it did) I decided to test it myself.. and after installing it from the toolbox I can report it is working fine. I am not sure what you are doing wrong to be honest but like I said it does work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Okay thanks just went through and deleted the previous downloads and started all over and got it to work. great rom, Toolboxdidn't download properly is my best guess. Keep up the good work

Big Ry

Reaction score
Found a new issue. In Gmail menu, the "more" button opens up to items with white text on a white background. I am on UD theme, but my Gmail and Gvoice didn't change over for some reason, so these issues are probably on stock liberty.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

This is a theme issue.. please report it to Mike the creator
username?

did he completely rebuild the theme, because ive noticed it now in several apps, but it was never a problem on UD for 1.0 liberty.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hum I provided a fix for jrummy to this and am pretty dure he included it.. I will check with him when he is available.

in the mean time download this and install it via recovery manager

http://droid2files.com/Liberty/Liberty-BlurAlarm.zip
yup the blur alarm in the toolbox of 1.0 and now 1.5 dont work.

question: does the blur alarm auto-arrange the alarms by time like the stock alarm does? i feel like pre-root my alarm didnt do that and it really annoyed me lol

Hum..... after reading your last post about the blur alarm not working for 1.0 (which I know it did) I decided to test it myself.. and after installing it from the toolbox I can report it is working fine. I am not sure what you are doing wrong to be honest but like I said it does work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
i tried it multiple times on 1.0 and once on 1.5 and every single time it would try to load in CW and say "file corrupt" or something of that nature. I emptied my DL folder prior to installing 1.5 too...

droidmatic

Reaction score

Don't overclock...

edited for grumpiness. Does anyone have an idea to start?