Liberty 0.5?

devinhfox

Reaction score
but do you really want a buggier nightly?

Well..I have a D2G if you didnt notice, so it doesnt affect me one way or the other since I cant use it. :p

That said, I realize it takes a little longer, because he has to push the update out to a select few, or everyone, then wait for feedback, patch, feedback, path some more or move on to the next bug, path, and so on. If he has indeed decided to wait for gingerbread, an announcement, like what you said, posted here would probably get most people to quit complaining. Of course you still have the few who are going to moan no matter what but I think the majority would be understanding.

You're completely missing the point.
It could cost $1 and the principle is the same. Don't say you're gonna update something by a certain time, then not do it. If you don't, expect to hear about it from your customers. Lesson 1 in business.

Reaction score
It could cost $1 and the principle is the same. Don't say you're gonna update something by a certain time, then not do it. If you don't, expect to hear about it from your customers. Lesson 1 in business.

There's a difference between a donation and a sale. JRummy doesn't owe you anything.

devinhfox

Reaction score

There's a difference between a donation and a sale. JRummy doesn't owe you anything.

Splitting hairs, but i'll give you that one (although I did buy it on the android market for $5, which isn't exactly a donation)
He only owes it to himself to keep his word, and is only cheating himself out of more support. Fool me once...

cydetrakd

Reaction score

That is the simple truth in the matter dx and d2 users all donated with the notion that we would ALL get the nightlie updates but instead only DX users get them and everyone else just waits. I myself am running the Apex Gb 2.0 beta and its leaps and bounds better than the outdated nightlie on the d2. Will run this until the official build ever comes out and I am positive d2 users will be waiting days or a week longer than dx users when it does happen.

Zog

Reaction score
I went back to 0.4, apex doesn't run as smooth. Had a weird stuttering issue to anything I did. App drawer lagged regardless of which launcher I used. Liberty is better.

rystan11

Reaction score
I'm going to sbf back to 2.0 until official ota release. This .4 is quick and has great functionality but isn't quite where I'd like it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to sbf back to 2.0 until official ota release. This .4 is quick and has great functionality but isn't quite where I'd like it.

I'm holding off myself. 2.0 is great and most importantly its stable.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Zog

Reaction score
I've never had a reboot or stability issue on 0.4. Come to gingerbread ;-)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had a reboot or stability issue on 0.4. Come to gingerbread ;-)

Haha. Sounds really, really tempting. I'm gonna cave someday soon I'm sure

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

mza929

Reaction score
cant wait...

i for one cant wait for the next release... i think .04 is stable and only has a few bugs. Bring on liberty GB 1.0!!! :)

Madgoat999

Reaction score
I agree with zog, come to the GB side! You won't regret it ;)
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cstryon

Reaction score
I get random reboots, but only on the latest update for pandora. Don't know if that is a liberty issue. And swype beta stops working once in a while. Once again, not sure it's a liberty issue. I don't think I have any problems other than I can't get blur calender nor AOSP calendar widgets to work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Madgoat999

Reaction score
Oh yea lol same with the pandora sometimes. I have a question, has anyone here tried to install the app roms like gmail black, or twitter black?? Whenever I try it just says "application not installed." Any ideas?
Sent from my Gliberated DROID2

Lavs23

Reaction score
I was tired if waiting for. 5 so I installed ApeX GB and it's working great, I had the bug where my audio playback would get disabled until I rebooted. That and my phone couldn't edit contacts because it would just close the contacts every time I would try to open one. I'll try out. 5 when it comes out (if it ever does)

Sent from my DROIDR2D2 using DroidForums

shawn13165

Reaction score
Jrummy said he would start work again on liberty gb after finals and moving. Just have to be patient, these guys have lives outside of making sure we have the latest and greatest asap. At least they are faster than vzw or moto with the updates

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App