Liberty 0.5?

doomrainer

Reaction score
Does any one know when liberty 0.5 will be out for the droid 2? I'm loving 0.4 but here good things on 0:5 for the X. And yes I do have the donate version of the toolbox. Thank you for an awesome rom,

Sent from R2D2

cydetrakd

Reaction score
it was supposed to be done on the 4th so four days ago but those of us who donated on the d2 love to play the waiting game.

scim_normal.jpg

jrummy16 Jared Rummler

Liberty v0.4 released here: [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 - Return of the Eagle - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Liberty updated to v 491 in toolbox (Liberty v0.5). Will do Droid 2 later tonight. Enjoy.

4 May http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#

mattXdezzi

Reaction score
jrummy16: Once ota is out and finals are done I'll be committing a lot of time to liberty and revamping Droid Overclock. :)

jrummy16: Finals are coming up which means less Android time. I'll work on bug fixes for Liberty on my down time still.

translation: who knows... I am in the process of flashing ApeX 2.0 (they just released a stable GB rom). I will probably be sticking with that for a while until LibertyGB becomes more stable. The media sound issue is killing me.

EDIT: ApeX is not a final release. It's just a beta, but it is a lot more stable than LibertyGB

Last edited:

MindArchr

Reaction score

cydetrakd

Reaction score
If u have a droidx and donated than you get it. If you have a droid2 like myself than we donated to wait and not know of any eta pretty much. It would be nice to get it at the same time our dx brothers do but our donated cash doesn't spend the same.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Does anyone even realize how much coding and time has to go into these nightlights? It was a wallet busting $5 you had to donate for it i mean really if you broke that down into what jrummy and the others are going to make an hour and how much time has to go into coding this then im sure people would stop complaining about it. Let the man do his magic and it will be released when he gets done.

Blame the figures not me!!!

Last edited:

cydetrakd

Reaction score
It's not the amount of money forced for us d2 users to get nightlies it's the fact that we donated just like the droidx users and we have to wait a couple weeks to get the same update.

I know it takes time for each substantial update but how long does it take to port the rom over to everyone that donated. When something deserves recognition I always give proper thanks to what is due.

Here is one way of looking at it the donated toolbox is a restaurant where you pay up front. Group DX gets served in a timely manner with the freshest new recipes while Group D2 every time is forced to wait and wait to be served when both groups paid the same amount.

It wouldn't be as bad if it was truly a day later like it was posted on Twitter but here we are a week later with not even an tweet saying when D2 users will get the .5 update.

Is Jrummy the only developer on the Liberty Team at the moment? If not does any other member even own a D2 hence we don't get updates at the same time?

MindArchr

Reaction score
It's not the amount of money forced for us d2 users to get nightlies it's the fact that we donated just like the droidx users and we have to wait a couple weeks to get the same update.

I know it takes time for each substantial update but how long does it take to port the rom over to everyone that donated. When something deserves recognition I always give proper thanks to what is due.

Here is one way of looking at it the donated toolbox is a restaurant where you pay up front. Group DX gets served in a timely manner with the freshest new recipes while Group D2 every time is forced to wait and wait to be served when both groups paid the same amount.

It wouldn't be as bad if it was truly a day later like it was posted on Twitter but here we are a week later with not even an tweet saying when D2 users will get the .5 update.

Is Jrummy the only developer on the Liberty Team at the moment? If not does any other member even own a D2 hence we don't get updates at the same time?

very well put dancedroid

devinhfox

Reaction score
yeah I too am feeling remOrse for buying the liberty toolbox donate. D2 gets no love lately. Hoping he aces his finals then gets back to developing d2 roms.

Sent from my DROID2.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
To think i was alone on feeling a little jaded by being a d2 owner who donated.

Zog

Reaction score
To think i was alone on feeling a little jaded by being a d2 owner who donated.

I honestly wish you were. How long have you been using Liberty? I've been on it since 1.5 and sadly, never donated. I was happy to pay the measly $5 which I should have tossed up awhile ago. I consider liberty to be the best rom available for froyo and so far, gingerbread as well. Show some respect and patience man.

Edit:
v0.5 is for the 591 leak, and requires a new base to be programmed for the d2. Hence the delay..

Oh, and why don't u ask for a refund and go run stock.... srysly.

Thanks for even supporting my phone jrummy.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Does anyone even realize how much coding and time has to go into these nightlights?

In all fairness, the D2 and DX are basically the same phone, so how much extra work can it really be? And yes, I do have some idea what goes in to these roms. Not trying to pick on the devs here, because obviously it makes 0 difference to me, but just saying..

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
All im saying is it was $5 if thats going to bust your wallet then you dont need a smart phone and it is a donation you didnt have to by it..... and o heavenly forbid you donate $5 to help a guy out that does all this work for no personal gain is what im getting at....be happy your even getting nightlights and not having to wait for beta or a full release as said ^^^^^ good things come to those who wait..... i think $5 is not enough for what your getting out of the toolbox myself but thats just my 2cents

Blame the figures not me!!!

Last edited:

cydetrakd

Reaction score
Wow seriously I've donated alot more than five dollars to be honest I started donating to jrummy since his work on kangerades of cm for the og droid. All that I am saying is it is crap that d2 owners get stuck waiting on the fixes and updates when they should release to everyone who bought the toolbox at the same time.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: