LGB Question

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
LGB Question / Problem

So I bought the Donate version and I just downloaded the Liberty Gingerbread v0.5 FULL INSTALL since I'm on Froyo. I can just install that correct then upgrade to the new kernel?

Last edited:
OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Do I wipe Cache and Data then install through Liberty Toolbox or should I go through the DX Bootstrapper or even the D2 Bootstrapper?

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Wipe bud, backup just to be on the safe side too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Ok so I went from a SBF 2.3.340 right to the full installation through the DX Bootstrapper. Did a wipe data / cache and then installed the ZIP (Liberty v0.5 FULL INSTALLATION) and it just stays at the Liberty Fist logo. I haven't gotten past that. Any tips or suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

I basically followed the guide below.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/145401-how-install-liberty-gingerbread.html

Would love some immediate feedback before I pass out. Lol.

Last edited:

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Go back to froyo and flash v.01 to go from froyo to gb. Then continue from there

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Go back to froyo and flash v.01 to go from froyo to gb. Then continue from there

Oh alright cool thanks. I'll update if this works or not. Most likely will. I assume I continue with the normal upgrades then, not full installations then correct?

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Yea after that then just move on up

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Yea after that then just move on up

Alright thanks I should have an update within the hour. Thanks. Simple fix, but I'm surprised it wasn't something I thought of.

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
No problem let me know how it turns out. Good luck

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I got an infinite boot loop when flashing the Gingerbread full installation. Any suggestions? I did a Data / Cache wipe when I did this. Should I have left it alone or what? I downloaded the v1 through Liberty Toolbox and used DX Bootstrapper to install it.

Actually, the logo just keeps going, but it eventually booted up with a battery pull. Is that normal and should I reflash or should I go with the next upgrade? Do I skip the previous v0.2 - v0.4 and jump to v0.5 or just skip over the old ones?

Last edited:

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
I got an infinite boot loop when flashing the Gingerbread full installation. Any suggestions? I did a Data / Cache wipe when I did this. Should I have left it alone or what? I downloaded the v1 through Liberty Toolbox and used DX Bootstrapper to install it.

You sbf back to froyo, then downloaded the correct v.01? If so let the toolbox install it for you. It will take a little bit to boot up but it should work for you. As long as you download the one that takes you from froyo to gingerbread then all should be well.

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I updated my post Ch0s3n0n3. Make sure you re-read it. Sorry for the confusion.

"Actually, the logo just keeps going, but it eventually booted up with a battery pull. Is that normal and should I reflash or should I go with the next upgrade? Do I skip the previous v0.2 - v0.4 and jump to v0.5 or just skip over the old ones?"

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
I updated my post Ch0s3n0n3. Make sure you re-read it. Sorry for the confusion.

"Actually, the logo just keeps going, but it eventually booted up with a battery pull. Is that normal and should I reflash or should I go with the next upgrade? Do I skip the previous v0.2 - v0.4 and jump to v0.5 or just skip over the old ones?"

Yea it takes a while for it to boot up so don't get nervous about the time it takes, just looks like a bootloop. Check in "about phone" and verify your on that build and it says .588. If so I don't see a need to reflash necessarily. So far as going in sequence Im not too sure but me personally I probably would.

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Yea it takes a while for it to boot up so don't get nervous about the time it takes, just looks like a bootloop. Check in "about phone" and verify your on that build and it says .588. If so I don't see a need to reflash necessarily. So far as going in sequence Im not too sure but me personally I probably would.

Awesome man. I was primarily focused on getting this up and running. Going to make a backup of this now that way I don't have to drain 50% of my battery doing this again. Lol. You'd think I'd really know my stuff working for Flextronics and all. Too bad they're getting cut now anyway. T_T Whatever. Thanks bro for all your help. I appreciate your immediate feedback for the majority of this thread.