LG G2 Named DroidForums.net 2013 Smartphone of the Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Dec 30, 2013.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    [​IMG]

Just over a week ago we polled the DroidForums.net community to find out what handset would become the official DroidForums.net 2013 Smartphone of the year and boy was it close. The LG G2 squeezed out a very close win by only one (1) vote beating out the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for the honor of DroidForums.net 2013 Smartphone of the Year. Not surprisingly, Motorola's Moto X was right up there battling it out and was bested by the G2 by a mere three (3) votes. The tightness of the race is a testament to the ever increasing excellence in Android handsets. In years past there was usually a clear winner, but nowadays there is some excellent Android hardware with really no losers in the bunch.

Here's a quick breakdown of how close the top 3 smartphones were in votes:

• LG G2 - 25 votes
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 24 votes
    • Moto X - 22 votes

What came as a surprise to us here at DroidForums headquarters, is the lackluster performance of the Nexus 5. It racked up a measly six (6) votes, but we are going to assume that's because DF focuses heavily on Verizon Wireless's hardware. At any rate, congratulations to the LG G2 on the win!

• Like Like x 5
  2. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    Thanks for joining the poll everyone!

3. Vepaot

Vepaot Silver Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G5 (LS992)
    It's kind of funny that this forum is more for Verizon's Droid line specifically...and they didn't even make the top 3.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin Active Member

Ratings:
    +102
    No offense.. LG G2 gets 25 and you mention Note 3 as as 24 votes but in the text below you say S3 :p

ere's a quick breakdown of how close the top 3 smartphones were in votes:

• LG G2 - 25 votes
    • Samsung Galaxy S3 - 24 votes
    • Moto X - 22 votes

5. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    At any rate, I just wish a larger number of people had taken the effort to vote. Still, congrats to the G2.

6. hotice

hotice Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, I'm surprised the Droid Maxx didn't get in the top three. It's a right-sized device. The GPU is excellent for the screen resolution. The screen resolution is fine for the screen size. It's fast, has great battery life, and two co-processors to help with specific tasks rather than two more, mostly unused, conventional CPU cores.

The G2 is a powerful device with the Snapdragon 800 but I'm not sure it will run games any better than the Droid Maxx since the Droid Maxx has lower resolution. I also prefer the build of the Droid Maxx. I'd expect the G2 has a better camera.

7. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,029
    G2 trumps maxx in every category except two most important ones. Battery life and signal quality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +496
    Wow, that was a close poll. I would agree, that the G2 is one hellava phone. Glad the Moto X made the top 3.

9. eddie7

eddie7 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The battery on the G2 is outstanding. And it has very good signal strength. Plus the screen and camera are amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. acousticshade

acousticshade Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Yes, but in the past, moto had a serious advantage in those two categories. With the G2, that's not the case. It's a pretty minor tradeoff unless you live in a very poor signal area.

LG just figured out that those two categories are as important as a great screen or camera. HTC still hasn't figured out how to put a decent battery in a phone & Sammy a good radio.

Also, some of us missed the deadline & voted late, so there are some more 'unofficial' ballots that could be included.

11. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Since I visit the forum via Tapatalk I forget to participate in the polls otherwise chalk up another vote for the G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

lg g2

which is the best smartphone droid maxx or lg g2