[Rumor] LG to Debut 7-Inch Tablet & Optimus G2 with Edge-to-Edge Display at CES

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-tech-display-logo.jpg

Here's a hot rumor that happened to come on the last day of last year. Supposedly, LG is planning on hitting the CES event hard with some of their newest Android devices. Rumor has it that they plan to debut their next flagship Android smartphone already. The LG Optimus G2 will supposedly be a 5.5-inch phablet and have an edge-to-edge display with a HD 1920 x 1080 resolution and a pixel density of 403 pixels-per-inch. It is likely designed to compete head-to-head with the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the HTC Droid DNA. There's more to this news as well. This same "rumint" suggests that LG also plans to debut a 7-Inch Android tablet with a high-res display. Here's a quote with the skinny,

The company is said to be planning to debut a high-end Android smartphone with a 5.5-inch full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution display and a pixel density of 403 pixels-per-inch. The handset, which could come to market as the Optimus G2, is expected to compete with the DROID DNA by HTC (2498), Samsung’s (005930) Galaxy Note and Sony’s upcoming Xperia Z smartphone.

LG is also rumored to showcase a 7-inch tablet with a 1920 x 1200 resolution and a class-leading pixel density of 324 ppi. In addition, the company may debut a 4.7-inch smartphone with an edge-to-edge display as well as high-resolution ultrabooks, laptops and TVs.

It appears that 2013 could really be the year that LG rises to prominence in the Android world. What do you guys think? Do that have what it takes to compete with the Samsung and Apple juggernauts?

Source: BGR

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm just curious, who's comfortable using a 5.5 inch phone? I'm sure it's to big for some and just right for others. Where would you say
"Ok it's just to big"?

52brandon

Reaction score
I'm just curious, who's comfortable using a 5.5 inch phone? I'm sure it's to big for some and just right for others. Where would you say
"Ok it's just to big"?
considering I don't carry a "satchel", I say it's too big