LG G2 Will be Launched in the US and Germany This Month

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G2-launch-US-Germany.jpg

Although this isn't an exact date, it is at least official confirmation from LG of when the new G2 flagship will be coming to market. According to LG's press release, the new G2 will be launching in Germany and the United States sometime this month. Here's a recap of specs followed by the presser,
  • 5.2 inch True HD IPS+ display with 1920 x 1080 pixels
  • LTE
  • NFC
  • Dolby Mobile sound
  • 13MP rear camera with OIS and LED flash
  • Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 3,000 mAh battery
  • Rear Power and Camera Control Buttons
Sound off if you are getting really excited about this device!

LG’s Flagship Smartphone to Launch in the United States and Germany Starting in September

SEOUL, Sep. 3, 2013 — LG Electronics (LG) will launch its LG G2 flagship smartphone in two of its key markets, the United States and Germany, starting in September.

“The positive market feedback after the initial launch in Korea proved to us that the LG G2’s consumer-oriented innovation does resonate with customers,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The LG G2 was developed as a global device for a global audience, beyond the scope of any smartphone we’ve introduced to date. I’m confident consumers will see the difference.”

Significant hardware features of the LG G2, which was developed based on LG’s in-depth research of consumer lifestyles and behaviors, include an intuitive and highly functional Rear Key, edge-to-edge 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display with minimal bezel and long-lasting 3,000mAh battery. LG G2 will be the first smartphone launching worldwide that incorporates the industry-leading Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 Processor.

Equipped with a 13MP Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), the LG G2 is able to capture clear images even when in motion or in dim lighting. With the ability to take 1080p videos at 60fps, it has set a high bar for other smartphones. In addition, LG G2 offers 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound, far superior to a CD.

Backed by powerful hardware features, the LG G2 comes with a number of compelling user experience (UX) features that provide the most practical value such as Answer Me, Plug & Pop, QuickRemote and Guest Mode.

Answer Me automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
Plug & Pop automatically recommends options that are most likely to be used when a headset or USB cable is detected.
QuickRemote gives the LG G2 the ability to remotely control all IR devices including TV, Home Thearter, Air Conditioner, Stereo etc. as well as learn from conventional remotes and can be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
Guest Mode protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.

The LG G2 will be showcased in Hall 11.2 at IFA 2013 starting on September 6 in Berlin, Germany.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I bet that screen is beautiful.

I've spent my afternoon reading reviews and comparisons, and I'm confident this thing is going to be the "sleeper" killer. This is the phone everyone overlooked until it explodes with popularity. If the bootloader of this device is accessible I think it will crush Motorola's market share. The reviews on the camera alone make me drool.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I don't want it quite as bad as you but I am really looking forward to it. I haven't owned an LG yet and this one looks the right one to start with.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea this thing looks beautiful! I checked out the LG Nexus 4 at a TMo store and was very impressed by the display and build. I'm guessing this will be more of the same but even better!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I don't want it quite as bad as you but I am really looking forward to it. I haven't owned an LG yet and this one looks the right one to start with.

I had an LG Dare (feature phone) as a kind of stepping stone to a real smartphone, and let me tell you that was the little phone that could, and if this is built anything as well it will be a great handset, really made me a believer in LG. Honestly I'm broke but I'm still considering going full retail for this and there's nothing out there (even on the horizon for the rest of the year) I could say the same for.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I had an LG Dare (feature phone) as a kind of stepping stone to a real smartphone, and let me tell you that was the little phone that could, and if this is built anything as well it will be a great handset, really made me a believer in LG. Honestly I'm broke but I'm still considering going full retail for this and there's nothing out there (even on the horizon for the rest of the year) I could say the same for.

Well.....I wouldnt go as far as saying theres nothing else out there for me. This is #3 for me.
#1 Note 3
#2 Sony Z1
#3 LG G2.
End list
If the LG G2 turns into a Nexus 5 and comes to Verizon or on the play store and can be used on Verizon. I would buy that over the Sony Z1 most likely. That would be a HARD choice if they both come to Verizon.

Does this have an SD card slot?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
No SD, I understand that's a factor for a lot of people but for me it's not, I don't even think I use 3GB on my now busted Bionic.

I'll be keeping my eyes open toward the Sony as the days go on for sure, looking forward to some head to head comparisons and reviews.